3-4 week old baby hollands losing ALL hair

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Briziperkins

Reaction score
Can someone please help! I breed rabbits and I have never come across anything like this before. I thought it was genetic at first but now it is happening to a second litter. Not all the bunnies in the litters are affected, just a few. And they are losing all their hair. Like you can literally barely pull on their fur and chunks come out. My one baby is almost completely bald, looks like a skinny pig. They have no sores, signs of mites or reddened areas on their skin. They look healthy otherwise. I know what mites look like and it’s not that. They were already dewormed preventatively. I’m really just at a loss. One baby passed. The others seem to be doing okay, eating and drinking and acting normal otherwise. They all get the same food, hay, use the same supplies. Any insight?

Could you send a picture of the dewormer you used along with a picture of the bunnies? Have you changed anything in their diet? Have they had access to the yard and any chemicals sprayed on it? Have you applied anything to their fur or surrounding area? How are they acting under these conditions? How long has this been happening? Have they been peeing and pooping normally?

Yes, could you post a clear close up picture of one of them, that best shows the evidence of what's happening to the skin and fur? Any signs of skin irritation at all, like dandruff, scaly or crusty skin, anything other than normal pink healthy skin? Is there itchiness and excessive scratching? Did they get dewormed before or after this started happening? How old are the kits now and how long ago did this start?

Are the kits still with mom, and is it two different litters with two different does as moms? If the kits are still nursing, what exact diet are the moms being fed(type and brand of pellets, hay, and any treats or supplements)? Do the kits share a common parent(eg. the same dad or the same doe), or any common ancestry? Are any adult rabbits showing any signs?

Latest posts

Back