2014 Cages You've Made

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
love all the cages i just finished making Loki's summer dig's lol have to bring him down stairs with the ac :)

004_zps219943bd.jpg

he's hiding in his house in the top pic here is what he looks like

002_zps6f2422fa.jpg

I just finished this x-pen set-up last night!

The base was supposed to be 4x4', but I had my wood cut at Home Depot and I discovered the guy was off in his measurements when I got home. It turned out to be okay, as the x-pen fit around the plywood instead of on top of it. I'd say this plywood is 4' x 47.5". X-pen came from Amazon.com.

On top of the plywood, I laid 16 vinyl peel-n-stick tiles.

Made an inside bumper out of stock lumber to prevent chewing on the edges of the vinyl tiles and to keep litter/poop pellets from rolling outside the enclosure.

Bought a bound carpet square from Menards for $1 for an "area rug." :)

Built a sitting platform and ramp using the other half of the plywood, a 1x2 and a 2x2. I had the Home Depot guy cut the extra plywood up into various sizes and widths to make it more usable when I got home.

Menards also sells indoor outdoor carpeting by the linear foot. Got some of that and some carpet tape for the ramp and platform.

Thanks for letting me share my project!

condo1.jpg

condo2.jpg

This is my 3 level bunny mansion, it houses a female polish, and a male holland lop. Made from NIC storage grids and wood, bottom has vinyl tiles. Top level also has foam mats. They love all the space! ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1406435674.429549.jpgImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1406435695.504514.jpg

ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1407047032.895998.jpg
ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1407047067.229739.jpg

It's not really fair, I know... I'm such a farm girl 😊

Made these WITHOUT ADULTS (power tools were meant for 15 year old girls). Designed them on the computer, calculated the amount of wood and wire needed, and built them. Very proud (haha).

Hey well done! That's impressive! And I completely agree with you, power tools were made for girls, I was learning how to rebuild an engine at 15 lol.

~Shida (and Shell)

Here's my new c&c cage, not much in it yet but that's okay because I haven't got the bun yet haha, breeder says he's so well litter trained they don't use bedding so Im using fleece

image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back