2014 Cages You've Made

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Codi's permanent home (she also gets to join us in the lounge):

2akda9e.jpg

ff5xt1.jpg

It's simple but does the job. The bit behind her enclosure (where the pics are taken from) is what's left of my office. I open the gate and walk through her enclosure to get out of the door (and I can leave the door open for her to give her more space to run around).

Last edited:
I went on eBay and found cage latches. I attached the latches with the clamps and pliers you would use to put the store bought cages together. You can usually find those at a farm store like farm and home.

ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1391807203.409774.jpgImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1391807220.649768.jpgImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1391807284.750944.jpg Here's my cage, it's snowing so I had to put some towels in there.. My bunnies love it!! It's so easy to clean and open, can't wait till summer to make a little tunnel, leading to a play pen!! :)

Codi's permanent home (she also gets to join us in the lounge):

2akda9e.jpg

ff5xt1.jpg

It's simple but does the job. The bit behind her enclosure (where the pics are taken from) is what's left of my office. I open the gate and walk through her enclosure to get out of the door (and I can leave the door open for her to give her more space to run around).

hey! is that a tortoise behind the rabbit cage? with the heat lamp ect? I ave one to!!

What do you use to keep a cage like this closed? I have a similarly built cage for my rabbits closed with binder clips but one of my rabbits has figured out how to get the binder clips open.

I use carabiners on the doors - you can find 'em at Walmart or any hardware store... I think I got them 2 for $1 (at Walmart, iirc). They're the kind of things some people use to clip things to a key chain or w/e. Cheap, effective, easy to open/close (including 1-handed if you're holding a bunny) and they clip right on :).

Oh wow,He looks exactly like mine!!! I LOVE your set up for him,he so beautiful! I' ll send you a pic of mine,,Are you on the tortoise forum as well? LOL!! I am!

Oh wow,He looks exactly like mine!!! I LOVE your set up for him,he so beautiful! I' ll send you a pic of mine,,Are you on the tortoise forum as well? LOL!! I am!

Just replied to your PM, then saw your posts here! Yes, also a Hermann's.

I do have a Tortoise Forum account but haven't been on in at least half a year. I kept being too busy to check back, and as it's such a busy forum I find it hard to get involved and catch up!

It was so valuable to me as a new tortoise keeper years ago, but I don't need it for the advice any more. Still, it's nice to know that I can go back to the forum if I ever need to.

Bunnies, however, are a brand new challenge!

We drilled holes in the boards and zip tied them and we also used PVC to hold the boards level and zip tied them to the cage

Oops. I posted in 2013 forum.
Reposting here. My bad!

Anyway

It's hard to see your pictures because they are small and wouldn't let me enlarge it. You said it was a pull out tray. I am intrigued. How does that work exactly?

What do you use for the flooring?

Right now I have plastic lining underneath because their accidents already gave me some black stains on hardwood floor. Ugh. It was a carpet before and it went through so I removed the carpet.

Also... I've tried to build second floor, like you guys did with the grids, but the rabbits never go up there for some reason. :dunno

Whoops, I didn't see this until now! Anyway, I don't use that enclosure anymore but it was a plastic tray the size of the crate, which slid in underneath the door, with a latch to keep it from sliding out. There was a wire flooring underneath the tray just to support it. The bunny stands on the plastic tray, not the wire flooring. Then to make it comfier for him I had used waterproof bedsheets (crib sized ones were the perfect size) and covered that with fleece. I stopped using though because it was interfering with litter training; his current flooring is a shower curtain (he just has the xpen now). Now that he's litter training and getting neutered soon I'm probably going to switch him to fleece on top of the shower curtain.

Just a friendly reminder...
this thread should be...

:dancingorig:all cage photos.:dancingorig:

;) Let's keep the discussions down ;)

This allows visitors and members to see a lot of cage ideas without sifting through lots of chatter.

Well, I technically didn't make it, but here's Captain's home.

2upto51.jpg

2s7uyow.jpg

oqdhs3.jpg

2mnrf2q.jpg

And when it's time for him to be out, it does this.
280o01e.jpg

The pen is a North States Pet Yard XT without any extension panels. You can see the dimensions on the webpage. I used this same enclosure for my English Lop without any problems. They make extension kits, as well.

The hay rack is a plastic bag dispenser from IKEA.

I finished building Gandalf's cage on Sunday and took some pictures as he was exploring for the first time. Its over twice the size of his old cage (only ever meant to be a temporary cage but Ive been saving a while to afford to build this one) and as you can see he is loving the extra space! As does my cat Jenny who decided it looked like a nice place to sit while Gandalf was out yesterday. lol

Since taking these pictures Ive got a few new toys for him, a hideout next to his litter tray and a hammock hung up above it.

image (1).jpg

image (2).jpg

image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back