2013 Cages You've Made

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My latest foster failure has a new condo since he is official a new resident bunny at the Dotson house <3 I love Guido and he sure loves his momma! :rabbithop

1008366_662518313761953_1820019508_o.jpg

Where are photos of everyone's cages???

Here's another... (temp one used while bonding)

Perfect! With Robbie's limited space in his RV, this is exactly what we're looking for. I found the NIC at Target today. My husband will help with the bottom. I only think that I will be adding a ramp for Jovi. She'll be such a happy bun.

Binoo and Moos cages. 2 separate cages stacked on top of each other.. Hoping they will bond to each other some day... :/

picture018.jpg

Hope I have done this correctly - here is where my bunnies live when I am at work - one dwarf lop and one mini lop. Everyone else's bunnies are obviously much tidier than mine this is just after i have done the clean and it will only look like this for 5 minutes!

pen_medium.jpg

Oh, no! Buns are not clean! Someone may have a bunny that is neat and tidy, but I have yet to see a bun that is like that!

Oh, and sorry for being off topic, but speaking of animals not liking to keep things clean, check out my duck's pool that I just cleaned the morning before I took this pic! And she's drinking it! Her own poo! Yuck, yuck, yuck...

IMG_20130505_100729.jpg

Figured since I worked so very hard to refurbish my buns cage that I should show it off a bit. It's a 7 panel long, 3 panel wide, 4 panel high 2 story condo (or 8ft'2in long, 3ft'6in wide and 4ft'10in high). Granted this is only the first weekend they get to share it with no dividers but it looks like they liked it. Only problem is its so big its a bit difficult to get it all in the picture.

Photo Aug 23, 6 34 40 PM.jpg

Photo Aug 23, 6 34 59 PM.jpg

Stella (white and gray double maned Lionhead) and Parker's (white and black single maned Lionhead) home is a combination of a two story condo from Leith Petwerks and NIC panels. Parker has a slightly lame back foot, making the ramp difficult for him to use, so I made a staircase for him. I hung a piece of carpet along the outer "wall" of the staircase because both of them seemed hesitant to use the stairs as if their depth perception was having trouble. Giving them a solid wall on the wire panels seemed to help. The flooring is Coroplast covered with a carpet remnant. I have some tiles blocking a couple of places where Parker decided to eat the carpet. The NIC walls are 3 panels high because Stella has been known to climb out of 2 story walls. The front top panels drop down and the center two panels act as a double gate.

S&PCondo-1.jpg

S&PCondo-2.jpg

VACATION CAGE
We stayed in a cabin for 3 weeks and opted to bring our bunnies with us. When we first settled in (after a long ride) I set them up as in first photo. Then I decided it was too small and instead made use of a corner to expand their area. I couldn't let them run loose during that time so they made do in about 30 square feet for that time. It worked well for us.

100_8884.jpg

100_8894.jpg

Not a cage as such, but I built a 6 x 4 shed and run with the help of my dad.
Here is the inside. I put anti slip lino on the floor to help with cleaning, they also have a jungle gym type toy arrangement on the mesh barrier (which stops them escaping when I open the door) but that isn't shown in the picture.

The picture shows about half of the shed. Two mini lops live here. The hole in the door (which is closed by a wood slider in the picture) leads in to an attached predator proof run which they have 24 hour access to, except when I am cleaning the run floor.

shed.jpg

Since my last post, I changed the bunny cage again! Gidget and Rocky are now house mates so they have a cage together, And the last one also flooded so I had to move it. Pretty happy with it so far :)

2013-08-10 11.44.35.jpg

2013-08-10 11.46.10.jpg

2013-08-10 11.45.22.jpg

Here is riddick and Oreo's home. They're outside but absolutely fine! In separate hutches at the moment as We're still in the bonding process. They do sit next to each other all the time and there was actually a little lick today!

image.jpg

581561_10151903171489314_1438961349_n.jpg

Something simple. I'll be working on getting additions like another level and some more chews :)

Here are the cages for my two bunnies. They are pretty simple NIC cages with a corrugated plastic base. I have a mini-rex and a French lop.

photo 2.JPG

photo 3.JPG

photo 4.JPG

photo 5.JPG

This is my hybrid version of the NIC cages.
I had lots of NIC panels (great dorm room shelving LOL) but I couldn't afford to buy anything to make decent levels, hubby made a great suggestion to try designing something from my metal industrial shelves sitting in the garage!
I had two different widths, a 3 ft and 4 ft, so I put a 4 ft on the top and the bottom, and alternated 3ft shelves in between to make different floors. The NIC panels were zip tied together and to the shelves. (the zip ties hadn't been cut in this pic, I was making sure Bugsy fit before setting everything up and doing the final tidying)
I used binder clips to hold fleece down on the floors.

I eventually hung a litter box under where the orange shoe box is, that was his potty corner. He spent many hours running from the bottom to the top and back again. Was a GREAT cage, but once he grew up he made quite a mess peeing all over the wall, will definitely use for spayed/neutered litter trained buns in the future!

2012-12-21_21-49-15_354_1-7664.jpg

Now he lives outside with his girlfriend and their chickens =P
Looking to add to this set up soon, would love to give them free run under the hutch and run space off to the right

img_20130510_092037_333-7670.jpg

Bugsy and his girl Red
img_20130918_122238_326-7675.jpg

Hi guys... i'm new here... I've designed and built a rabbit hutch for my 3 months old dwarf anggora... any comments for improvement is highly appreciated... Thanks for viewing...

It is an attractive cage. I'm a little concerned about the amount of air circulation. There's so much glass (or plexiglass) that it appears the only air movement is a little on the sides. Bunnies can't take heat and that looks like it could get quite hot.

The upper level is also quite tight in space. Bunny appears to barely fit (while laying down). He is still growing and it may get too small.

Have you browsed around the site here too? It looks like you used those NIC grids for part of your cage. If those are available to you in Malaysia, then you could use them to make more air flow and increase the size of the cage.

Thank you for your feedback Blue eyes... will definitely look into that. I will get those done up and post an update. Thank you again for your comment, really appreciate it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back