2008 ARBA Convention

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karlie

Reaction score
Is anybody going to be there this year? and if so what breeds etc are you showing? or are you just going to watch?

I am going....can't wait. Already ordered my parking pass from the website. I am showing some Dutch and a bunch of Jersey Woolies. I have some nice juniors that I can't wait to see how they do.

Sharon

Starlight Rabbitry wrote:
I am going....can't wait. Already ordered my parking pass from the website. I am showing some Dutch and a bunch of Jersey Woolies. I have some nice juniors that I can't wait to see how they do.

Sharon
Chubbs?

Cool, I'll be looking for you! I am going to bring a mini rex only one though because my other is pregnant

Karlie wrote:
Cool, I'll be looking for you! I am going to bring a mini rex only one though because my other is pregnant
Cool, I'll PM you in Oct. and give you my cell phone. We can meet up! I am usually running (and I do mean running) between the Dutch and the Jersey Wooly table to try to catch everything.

JadeIcing wrote:

Sharon
Chubbs?

Maybe, at $12 an animal, I can really afford to only bring the BEST. I usually bring a couple extra just to see how they compare but not this year. I think that Chubbs is going. He is my best agouti.

Although.....he gave me a son on July 3. He is so cute and is a chestnut just like daddy. Check out my website is a couple days (have to update it) and you can see pics of him. He is going to the convention too.

Is anyone willing to donate to the PGSK(Poor Girl Stuck in Kentucky)fund? It will be used to get me to nationals! I'm currently scraping up! We have a big jar that we put our change into(when we use to have it years back) that when we went on vacations we used that money and I have now got it out and found $15 in it. I just added another $4 and something bringing it up to $19.81 in the jar and some dollar billsI have tucked away no one knows about. We might make it but it will be a there and back day, not going to have enough for hotel as I am paying for everything.

Can anyone help me with nationals? Like it is 5 days long so what is happening what does? Do people normally sale rabbits? If so is there ever any forsale UNDER $100?(I remember Mini Rex nationals last year...:?) Do all rabbits that enter the building have to be in the show? Will they let rabbits go before the last day(I remember the Kentucky state fair 2 years ago and they was not allowed to go till after 6 PM the last day)? Do we have to pay for each person to get into the fairgrounds or just the $6 for parking(we can't remember)? I figure quite a few of these fall under the rules at the fairgrounds but maybe someone will still know... maybe?

JadeIcing wrote:

Sharon
Chubbs?

Maybe, at $12 an animal, I can really afford to only bring the BEST. I usually bring a couple extra just to see how they compare but not this year. I think that Chubbs is going. He is my best agouti.

Although.....he gave me a son on July 3. He is so cute and is a chestnut just like daddy. Check out my website is a couple days (have to update it) and you can see pics of him. He is going to the convention too.

I trully fell in love with Chubbs. I keep telling people about him. I so have to try and make the shows this fall. He is the best in my eyes!

Chubbs has a son!!! YAYAYAYAYAY!

OK, that would be great!

Hey one question, How many days is it? I forget:baghead

Oh, and also Do they have showmanship?

My sister won Rookie showmanship with the doe I'm bringing.
I couldn't bring the doe I won jr. with as she gonna have babies!!!!!!!!!:woohoo

Karlie - Are you a youth member of the ARBA? They have Royalty contests at the convention. You have to sign up ahead of time though. Go to the convention website. Don't know the address but the link is on the homepage of the ARBA site... www.arba.net

The convention starts on Sunday and runs through Wednesday, though the rabbits are not allowed to leave till Thurs. morn.

Sharon

Yes, I am cool I'll look at it

I don't know if my ma or dad will let me go if its that long I thought it was only like two days but I'll try:sad:

Wondering if anyone else is going? I am actually almost packed and am about to jump in the shower. I am hopefully leaving after that.

I will keep you all updated!

Sharon

ARGH!!!!! Can't go! Please would you take some photo's for me??? PLEASE???? Especially any FLEMISH stuff? I mean, while you're walking around, taking in all the sights.... looking at all the rabbits.... (please? :cry2)

And while you are there, have a really, really good time! And it wouldn't hurt if your rabbits should win a few first places and a breed or two.... they certainly deserve it! :blueribbon:

Good luck and safe trip....

Wondering if anyone else is going? I am actually almost packed and am about to jump in the shower. I am hopefully leaving after that.

I will keep you all updated!

Sharon

Good luck! You have awesome bunnies who deserve to win! So Chubbs still going?

Of course Chubbs is going and his son is going too. I will definitely be taking lots of pics.

Cathy, I will get a bunch of the Flemish for you. I will try to send them to you.

Sharon

Oh, exciting!!! Could you please take pics of some Brittania Petites for me and little Dora? All the pics I have are only of them posing on the show table so pics of them relaxing in their coops would be great.

Actually, any pictures of any rabbits would be appreciated. I really need to get around to going to another show, I love seeing so many different breeds.

Best of luck to you and your gorgeous rabbits! Drive safely!

Wish I could go because it's so close - but too busy and studying for mid-terms.

Still holding out for a zone 9 convention!

Pam

Latest posts

Back