2005 United Kingdom's Forum Party?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carolyn

Reaction score

Since I did this for our folks in Canada, and we have such a high amount of members in Dearest England.

I can't arrange it from here, but thought I'd put it out there and see how much interest there'd be.

I'd definitely make sure it's held at a public place like a park, andduring the daytime. A picnic works out and is easy for everyone withlittle charge other than transportation to and from.

:)

-Carolyn

Yes, it'd be great to meet up. I've taken Perryand Pernos as far as Manchester before (about 170 miles) and back againin a day with no bad effects. My mum is from Nottingham originally andstill has some folks there! - Jan

LuvaBun wrote:
Yes, it'd be great to meet up. I've taken Perry and Pernosas far as Manchester before (about 170 miles) and back again in a daywith no bad effects. My mum is from Nottingham originally and still hassome folks there! - Jan

Dont your rabbits get scared? Fidget and Ebony sit there shaking even on a 10 minute journey.

Loz n Ebony wrote:

Dont your rabbits get scared? Fidget and Ebony sit there shaking even on a 10 minute journey.

They settled pretty quickly. They were in the same carrier (a large dogone with cushions in it) so they had each other for company. I stoppedat a service station to check on them and they were really chilled - Ithink once they realised they weren't going to the vet they were OKlol). We were going to a rabbit welfare day at a sanctuary inManchester, so when we got there they ran around in a barn for a fewhours then we drove home, where they ran around the garden. They sleptwell that night :D - Jan

Our buns will ride on top of the engine cover inour full sized van. I carpeted same for better purchase withtheir nails. While there, they can be easily pettedand talked to. If some bun begins to scratch, I assume itneeds a potty break, and will then deposit it in the "travelling cage"we also have in the van at all times. The cage is equippedwith feed, water, hay, and litter box.

No bun, ever, has appeared stressed or acted abnormally in thatsituation. They do get a lot of attention from us when theyare up there on the "hump."

Buck

Sounds like a fantastic idea. Shame there are no forum members that live near me, Oh Well.

Depending on when and where, I may be able to come home for the weekend.

:England:

Latest posts

Back