2 holland lop brothers not neutered and bond? Help/Answer Please

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peanutdabunny

Reaction score
Hi, also I had a quick question about bonding. So we are looking for a friend for peanut and we found these to brothers who groom each other and hate to be separated. They are not neutered so I was wondering the reason for this? They love to cuddle and sleep on top of each other. They will start to breathe really heavily if they are separated. Are they somehow bonded?
How old are they? Babies will often cuddle together and seem happily in love -- regardless of whether they are siblings or not. But that can all change with the onset of hormones. This is why "baby bonds" are not considered true bonds.
They are 5 months old we think
This is interesting, are they larger breed maybe? Larger breeds mature later, but by 5 months boys would have to start humping/fighting. I would double-check if they are indeed both boys and not sisters or sister and brother. If they are both boys and regular size this would be rather rare, maybe they are just super friendly and laid back, maybe asexual or late bloomers.
they are holland lops, so a dwarf breed. yes, they are both males as you can see their parts. but they freak out when they are not together. They seem to squeak very lightly. They really hate being apart. I was just going to adopt one, would it be cruel to do that? Yes they are super laid back though. as soon as you touch there head they melt into the ground
We had this in a different thread so here is all of it.

If you are looking for a bondmate for your rabbit, it would be best to consider some already fixed rabbits, not intact rabbits. What country are you in?

If you are looking for a bondmate for your rabbit, it would be best to consider some already fixed rabbits, not intact rabbits. What country are you in?
no, I was wondering if rabbits who are not neutered can be bonded. We were considering only adopting one. I don't know if it would be cruel to just take one. What do you guys think?

Again, though, it's better to find an already fixed rabbit for yours so you can pre-screen for potential compatibility. Otherwise you risk them not bonding at all.

if you separate a bonded pair... its not good for them and there is no proof they'll be good with a new rabbit. If you are looking to bond, get a neutered rabbit opposite gender of yours.

Latest posts

Back