2 bunnies??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amberelizabeth

Reaction score
So I'm a freak at checking petfinder.com to see what rabbits are in. Well when checking today I saw that my local humane society got in another lop!!! Since I have a thing for lops and I have been thinking about getting another rabbit for awhile, I'm highly considering adopting "happy" http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=8794421

Now, where do I begin? Should I see if they will let me bring Layla in to see if those two would get along (I adopted Layla from this shelter) I definitely do not want to adopt until I know that they would get along.

Also, by the looks of it happy looks to be a little smaller than layla she's 6.9lbs. is it possible to have 2 in a NIC cage that is 3 grids wide, 3 high, and 2 deep?

thanks guys!

If you want to see if they get on then it's worth asking if they can meet, but remember that the bunny that she is going to meet might have something contagious that you might expose Layla to, so think carefully about whether to do that or not.

Even if you do get another bun, and they do get on on neutral territory, there is no saying whether they will get on on Layla's territory, so you still have to be prepared to house them separately if the bonding does not work (and in the meantime you would need to house them separately anyway).

There's no way to guaruntee from one meeting that two rabbits will get along. When adding a second rabbit you must be prepared to house the separately until they bond or forever if they do not bond. That said, a cage that size sounds fine for two bunnies to share eventually.

Latest posts

Back