Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miffythebun

Reaction score
Hello everyone! This is my first post ever on here so excuse me if I have put this up on the wrong place or anything just comment and I will sort that out ASAP!

So.. I have a male bunny I bought in January and he is a lion head and his name is Wookiee (yes from starwars he looks like a Wookiee) so anyway, he lives between me and my boyfriends house and over summer and Christmas holidays etc he comes home. (Yes he travels quite a bit, once every other week or so, but it really doesn't phase him he loves exploring new spaces and is such a loving, happy bun who is extremely spoilt to the extent that he literally sleeps between us in bed haha!)
At home I have another bunny who is a female angora, Miffy. We are currently home for easter and the two bunnies have been in an outside run (as the weather has been so lovely) during the day and back inside at night.
Wookiee is neutered but we started off with the buns in the same run but with a partition in the middle so that they weren't in together but could still smell and see and get used to each other. Eventually, being the naughty, intrigued bunny that he is, Wookiee pushed and squeezed his way into Miffy's part of the run and kept doing this until I sat with them for a day keeping an eye on the pair of them to make sure they were not hurting each other. They got on well so I moved the partitioning so they had extra room together and they have loved being outside with each other. They get along and have occasional grooming sessions and flop near each other but on the whole they tend to do their own thing and just mind their own business in each others company. They spend from 5-7 hours a day out there together playing (and have toys and food, water, hideaways) before they both come in for the night and stay in separate rooms. Neither bunny seem bothered at all being away from each other over night and if the weather has been bad and they haven't seen each other they don't seem to mind or seek each other out.
However, I am going back up to my house soon and they will be away from each other for a few weeks before I am down again for a few months for summer.
I do not want them to get too attached with each other so that when I take Wookiee back up after summer they are both sad that they have lost their friend but equally I don't want to take away their opportunity to have company of another bun that they get on well with.
What do I do? Is there a way they can be together and be okay with not having each other again?
Will limiting their playtime with each other and them not seeing each other every day make it easier?
Any suggestions will be fab!
Thank you very much
love Miffy and Wookiee xox

It sounds like you've pretty much gone through the bonding process with them (btw, she's spayed too, I hope?). With how much time they spend together, they're already going to miss each other anyway so you may as well just let them enjoy each other's company while they can. Just know that once you separate them like that, you are going to have to go through the bonding process all over again when they're finally back together.

Also, welcome to RO! :D

Latest posts

Back