2 bunnies, 1 cage

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katt

Reaction score
So here is my big news! Wasn't going to post this for a while until I knew that everything would go completely kosher, but I just can't keep it a secret anymore!

So the other night I am moving things around my room, and I told my roommate that I couldn't wait to get down to 1 cage again.

She was totally like "well, have you ever tried just letting Winnie go into Chaucer's cage while he was in it?" (I let Winnie 'explore' Chaucer's cage when he is out cuddling on my bed all the time)

I thought "no, that would never work, it is just to easy"

So I tried it, thinking that I would sit right there, and be able to split up the fight that would break out, and remove Winnie before any damage was done.

Cause certainly a spayed, cranky, 5 year old female rabbit would never deal with a young, un-fixed, friendly male rabbit. . . or so I thought.

instant grooming, instant cuddles, no fights, they spent the whole day (and last night) together, in ONE cage. Happily in one cage.

:shock:

Winnie is out right now, since I don't want to shock her system from being a totally free range bunny to one that is caged all the time (and I just can't trust Chaucer yet to be free range).

Random2010005.jpg

"look, she is here, she is mine, I love her"

Random2010010.jpg

aw! look Chaucer is going to cuddle with Winnie in the little pet bed, how cute!

Random2010016-1.jpg

no Chaucer! Bad! Not THAT kind of cuddling

Random2010014.jpg

That's better! *he is just grooming her here*

I am rather happy right now! They really look adorable together!

What on earth is up with the wacky "wrong" bondings on the forum lately?! Just have to say....glad one of those was me :biggrin:.

Hopefully Chaucer is getting neutered soon, so he can be totally bonded with Winnie & be free range too :thumbup?!

his neuter is set for May 12th, so yeah, soon (then the spraying will stop. . . please let the spraying stop!!!)

and I know, it seems like bonding fever has hit RO! I TOTALLY didn't expect this one. . . it took like a month at least to bond Winnie and Herman, I figured it would take longer with Chaucer!

But I am happy! Nothing is better then watching 2 bunnies cuddle!

Yeah, I figured maybe you weren't able to let him be a free ranger yet because of the spraying :yuck.

Well, a bonding streak is better then a death/sick streak (I hate those :().

yup, the spraying. . . I don't ever remember in all my breeding days having a rabbit spray as much! blah!

you can see spray marks in the photos, I can't wait for him to stop that nasty little habit, I want my nice clean freak rabbit back!

and yes, I will take this kind of luck then the other kind, I remember when Herman passed it was literally every day for like a month someone lost a bunny. It was terrible!

:bunnydance:know how great it feels! last year roxy - very cranky and pining from the death of her bonded mate - met her new husbun. bonding was pretty much instant and she's much more pleasant and friendly towards us:thumbup

Latest posts

Back