14 day old kit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
How often do i need to feed a 14 day old kit. Mom and its foster mom stopped feeding it. Help please

Attachments

• 15699142836323203066314767180392.jpg
    15699142836323203066314767180392.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 10
Hi, are you sure because maybe they do when you don't see it, once in 24 hours is enough did you check his belly? I don't know the right answer as only helped feeding babies with their mother's milk sometimes one or two are weaker than others but never actually had situation when mother and foster stopped feeding completely. Is there any reason for that maybe you can try to feed him/her bringing to mother like here in this video? I believe once a day would be enough but if weaker you can do twice if mothers have milk.

Hope your situation will change for good soon please keep us updated

Can you give a little more background? Is this a lone kit? Seems unusual that both does would stop feeding the kit. At any rate, it really needs the doe’s milk for another 2 weeks. Have you tried holding the doe to see if the kit can nurse...this assumes she still has milk.
If you search this forum you will find suggestions for creating a formula for the kit, using goat’s milk. You’d need to feed it twice a day. By week three the kit might be able to lick it from a small bowl.

Latest posts

Back