14-15 week old holland lol doe accidentally bred

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SRT8990

Reaction score
I recently got a 14-15w old female holland lop. While setting up her cage I let her run around with my 11 month old male holland lop. Everything happened quickly and before I knew it my male was on top of her. Mating her. He did the squeal fall of action. Here we are 10 days past mating and I noticed she had fur on the rug in her cage seemingly as though she pulled it out. Could she be pregnant? Is that normal this early? What else can I look for? She’s very scared and only lets me pet her. I rescued her from a bad situation and she hasn’t had much human touch and was already almost 4 months.

Since she lifted, and the buck got a fall off, yes, chances are high that she is pregnant. Now way to be sure but to wait and see. The youngest one of my does got pregnant was about that age, but mine are a 9-10lbs breed, smaller rabbits mature earlier.

Since she lifted, and the buck got a fall off, yes, chances are high that she is pregnant. Now way to be sure but to wait and see. The youngest one of my does got pregnant was about that age, but mine are a 9-10lbs breed, smaller rabbits mature earlier.
My guess is she’s around 3 pound’s possibly. Just concerned with her being ok with birth. I highly doubt she’ll let me palpate her and I’ve never don’t that with a rabbit but I did read about it but I think I’ll just wait to see so I don’t hurt the babies if so. Should I maybe just put a nesting box in close to when she would give birth and see if she starts nesting?

I'm breeding for ten years now, and my few tries at palpating never gave me conclusive results unless it was obvious anyway already. Always act on the assumption that she is pregnant until day 37 or so has passed. Not much to do, just give plenty of hay and at about day 25 a nestbox.

I'm breeding for ten years now, and my few tries at palpating never gave me conclusive results unless it was obvious anyway already. Always act on the assumption that she is pregnant until day 37 or so has passed. Not much to do, just give plenty of hay and at about day 25 a nestbox.
Thank you so much for the advice and answering my questions! I really appreciate it!

Latest posts

Back