1 yr old bunny question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilewis

Reaction score
Our bunny has adapted well and we all spend a lot of time with him.

I often pick him up and sit in my living room chair, placing him at my side where he stays for up to 30 minutes while I watch TV and I can't help but pet him all that time.

Of course he doesn't understand, but every day I tell him that he's such a great family member, he's earned the right to do whatever he wants. He's neutered and rarely does anything wrong except occasionally scratch up the carpeting in the living room.

But because he can't tell or show how he feels I sometimes wonder if he stays on the chair with me because he enjoys my company/petting, or if he feels he has no choice since I'm so much larger than him.

Last edited:
Considering the amount of blood I lost due to rabbits making clear they want to leave from whatever I had to do to them :D I'm pretty sure he would just go if he'd like to. My buck accepts being petted on my lap for about 15 minutes before he perks up and becomes restless, he snuggles with his cuddlebun for hours though. Rabbits are social animals, I'm pretty sure you would notice if he didn't like it, and since rabbits aren't the most vocal animals they are pretty good at reading body language and all that unsaid stuff you aren't even aware of.

Considering the amount of blood I lost due to rabbits making clear they want to leave from whatever I had to do to them :D I'm pretty sure he would just go if he'd like to. My buck accepts being petted on my lap for about 15 minutes before he perks up and becomes restless, he snuggles with his cuddlebun for hours though. Rabbits are social animals, I'm pretty sure you would notice if he didn't like it, and since rabbits aren't the most vocal animals they are pretty good at reading body language and all that unsaid stuff you aren't even aware of.

Thanks Preitler. Our rabbit has earned the right to do whatever he wants to do, so I just want to insure he's happy and I don't change that dynamic because I misunderstood him.

Aw that's so lovely! As @Preitler has said, if he didn't want to be there, trust me he wouldn't stick around 😂

Your bunny feels comfortable around you and wants to spend time with you!! 😍

Aw that's so lovely! As @Preitler has said, if he didn't want to be there, trust me he wouldn't stick around 😂

Your bunny feels comfortable around you and wants to spend time with you!! 😍
Thanks for your input Mileybun.
This bunny is definitely a comfort animal.
All four of us in the house love him and I think/hope he knows it.

Thanks for your input Mileybun.
This bunny is definitely a comfort animal.
All four of us in the house love him and he knows it.

I'm pretty sure he's loving his time with you; like other's have said, if he didn't he wouldn't want to be around and I'm sure he understands that you love him
Thanks for your input LassiebunBun :)

Latest posts

Back