1 eye shutting after surgery

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prap

Reaction score
Hello.
Today i had my 2 lovely girls spayed. To be exactly I picked them up 7 hours ago. 1 girl is eating some greens on her own (celery and dandelion) and also more or less willingly takes the critical care (Sometimes from spoon sometimes she licks it off the syringe but not forced in the mouth). She ate dandelion on her own right after surgery.
The other girl is lying down not moving. I called the vet and they said she was in pain for sure so i gave her the first dose of pain meds, they said it's the same as metacam but branded differently. She has not eaten anything on her own but has gotten more will back. First she was just letting herself be force fed but now she's heavily resisting and strong which makes it a lot harder to do it (I burrito her but she's a biter). I'm a member of a group led by rabbit savvy vets which instructed me in the amount of pain meds beforehand so i knew that the amount told by the vet was too little.
I noticed that one of her eyes is being kinda wonky. If you look at her from the front it'll just open and slowly close again while the other one stays open, and it seems she never really open it fully. I haven't called the vet as i am unable to go at this hour. I'm hoping some of you guys may be able to put my mind to rest, and if it may be serious then of course i will try my best to find a way to get her to a vet.
She's always been a really nervous girl who's easy to stress out and heavily affected by rough situations like carrying and going out of the room (Freeroam indoor rabbit). Can it just be the experience and anesthesia affecting her? They're both still obviously super affected by the anesthesia and have been sleeping lots, so i thought it may just be her being tired.
Sorry for the long paragraph. I'll keep feeding her a little at a time and often hoping she may start eating soon :)

Continue feeding her. But I don't know what else to do! Is it an exotic vet? If not contact an exotic vet and see what they think.

Hi. She's much better now it may just have been tiredness or something she got in her eye. Sweet girl is eating on her own and very energetic now :)

Latest posts

Back