1 bun vs 2 ......do they stay out of trouble more? Opinions?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 31452

Reaction score
Since I foster, I have had all kinds of singles, pairs & trios, but they never "unsupervised" in my house as is my single guy who is MY HOUSE bun. Of course, "bunny proofing" is topmost in staying out of trouble. But my little guy can get on the counters & table tops if I forget to move the stools or tuck the chairs in (and leave enough distractions). I am wondering if [typically] having TWO buns, they are a little less mischievous? I would love to hear as I can also pass along to potential adopters.

It really depends on the personalities of each rabbit. Some rabbits will mellow more with a companion regardless of the temperament of the other bunny, some will mellow if the other rabbit is a calmer rabbit, and some will share their 'bad' habits with their bunny friend, then you have two causing bunstruction and chaos :p

Yeah, that of course makes sense! I am least thinking of 3-4 yr old rabbit - (mine's age) so maybe they won't be so impressionable!! My guy is pretty good, I think its more boredom when we aren't around - bc he is a free roamer, but used to us being around a lot (which mostly we are)! Thanks

When all of our rabbits were paired it seemed as though one of each pair continued to do what we humans call mischief; but, to a rabbit it is normal behavior: digging, chewing, whatever.

Granted, a pair devoted to one another will spend quite a bit of time grooming and snuggling with one another. That leaves less time for "mischief."

Also makes sense. I think it would be helpful with another - he LOVES to be groomed. I just have to find a submissive mate, not a dominant - he seems to take that role!

I fostered a trio of babies. Absolute gremlins. They would copy each other, egg each other on, get in any cupboard that was opened even for a second and loading the dishwasher took twice as long because I was constantly having to fish out a rabbit or two. They would all pile on my lap, not to snuggle, but to dig at me and chew on my clothes. Nothing was safe from their antics and they would definitely plot overnight about how to make my life difficult the following morning.

I think they may have been possessed or something 😂 but I’m inclined to think that if they were split up, they might have been better behaved as single buns, they 100% worked as a team haha

Latest posts

Back