:0 X-pen issues

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

:))

Reaction score
im using a x pen as a run for my rabbits and they try to fit through the holes and get stuck...I really don’t want to get rid of it though ...it’s really helpful and quick to transport. Its weird, the holes are about an inch wide yet they still try to stick their bodies through and get stuck behind their shoulders,everyone mentions how good xpens are yet they do bring some dangers too,looks like I’m gonna have to toss it...or fix it..I think I’m gonna put hardware cloth around it so they cannot fit through the holes :/ Has anyone ever experienced this as well?

Are your rabbits young? (small?) None of my rabbits could fit their heads through. It is dangerous if your rabbits can fit their heads through.

I used a rolled fencing on the bottom portion of an x-pen to keep 2 rabbits from being able to harm each other through the pen openings. This could be an option for you.

Hardware cloth would be a pain since it doesn't fold easily and will add significant weight. I'll see if I can find what I used here. ...it might have been this:
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Tenax-Actu...ack-HDPE-Extruded-Mesh-Rolled-Fencing/3457514

upload_2019-2-19_12-8-20.png

Last edited:
Are your rabbits young? (small?) None of my rabbits could fit their heads through. It is dangerous if your rabbits can fit their heads through.

I used a rolled fencing on the bottom portion of an x-pen to keep 2 rabbits from being able to harm each other through the pen openings. This could be an option for you.

Hardware cloth would be a pain since it doesn't fold easily and will add significant weight. I'll see if I can find what I used here. ...it might have been this:
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Tenax-Actu...ack-HDPE-Extruded-Mesh-Rolled-Fencing/3457514

View attachment 39572

My rabbits are young but not particularly small they are about 9 weeks old weird thing is....their heads are like three times the size of the holes yet they still manage it I’m going to use the mesh idea,thanks!

Latest posts

Back