•°o.O The Tater Tots Family 2011 O.o°•

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[align=center]
DSC03478.jpg

DSC03488.jpg

DSC03491.jpg

DSC03493.jpg

DSC03496.jpg

DSC03500.jpg

DSC03503.jpg

DSC03520.jpg

DSC03523.jpg

[/align]

We ended up having a bite to eat at the lil pancake house that was on the site. I absolutely loved that lil place. It was small and cozy. Nice, efficient service too. I thought the kids menu was great. Each meal came with a 'suprise' they could pick out. The surprises were things like: a stuffed animal, fairy hat and wand, game, toy car, etc. Great prices and really yummy too ;) I wouldn't mind going there with a kiddo... Hehehe.

We had poffertjes:

[align=center]
DSC03563.jpg

[/align]
I was enjoying myself so much that when we left that petting zoo, we decided to visit the one near the house as well. Lol. So here are more pictures...

This is an example of what we will be building the guinea pigs. It will have modifications and all but this gives you an idea of what we are going after:

[align=center]
DSC03566.jpg

DSC03571.jpg

DSC03572.jpg

[/align]
and the rest:

[align=center]
DSC03574.jpg

DSC03577.jpg

DSC03579.jpg

DSC03585.jpg

DSC03586.jpg

DSC03587.jpg

DSC03588.jpg

DSC03590.jpg

[/align]

And the petting zoo surroundings... This is near the house and we have quite a bit of places like this (I love this about Holland):

[align=center]
DSC03591.jpg

DSC03592.jpg

DSC03594.jpg

DSC03595.jpg

DSC03596.jpg

DSC03597.jpg

DSC03598.jpg

DSC03599.jpg

DSC03600.jpg

DSC03604.jpg

And that was our day... :)

[/align]

A Rolo funny told to me by Jeff...

Jeff had gone outside to deal with the bunnies while I was making dinner. When he came back he told me about how he was checking on Rolo and couldn't find his litter corner. Confused, he looked all over for it, sure that he had put it in the hutch the other day when he had been done cleaning it. Unable to find it, he looked again inside the hutch only tofindit IN the nestbox. :shock::?How in the world did he manage to get that thing in there?! Jeff managed to get it out, cleaned it, filled it, and put it out in the opposite corner where it SHOULD be. Immediately, Rolo protested, grabbed it, and pushed it to the nestbox. Jeff took it away and put it back, only to see Rolo grab it again. He spent the next few minutes watching Rolo trying to get it into the nestbox... Knowing it was a lost battle, Jeff helped Rolo get it in and all was alright again in Rolo's world.

Silly bunny. :expressionless

He definitely gets that from his mother, Giggles. Lol :pHis personality will really start to show now that he's getting older. I think they get sillier and siller as they get older. Lol :)

Guess what ? :) First thing I saw when I opened your blog is..... pretty Maybelle. Awwwwww. She's got my heart. I really love the sweetness in her face. Give her kisses from me please. Tell her she's got a Big fan here :) hehehe. I always enjoy watching your pictures, Nela. You took great pics. By the way, That broken-colors Mini lop ( Am I right ? :-/ ) reminds me of Kimiko..when she was little. Awwwww.

I didn't log on here so often. Sorry about that. How are you ? :)
Hugs :hug2:

What wonderful pictures! I think the goose and the guiny pig hotel are my favorites. The one bun at the petting zoo looks a lot like Becky. How do they get so many buns bonded? Goodness, I'm stressing over just two. :)

Rolo sounds like a hoot. Something made him decide the proper place was in the nest box. Bunnies are not always logical :)

:grumpy:

Maybelle was only pretending. I knew she wasn't thrilled with me and was only at the 'tolerating' phase. In fact, she's been pouting since the fight. Avoiding me as much as possible and totally ignoring me when talking to or petting her. She planned it well...

She ran away from home.

:grumpy:

She thought the grass would be greener on the other side and ran away to the neighbor's. She quite enjoyed taunting the other bunnies there. Turns out they have two. Neighbor rang at the door to let us know. Luckily, they like rabbits. Luckily, they know how much of a brat they can be. They understand all too well. (Oh and btw, months ago their rabbits got in a fight. One poor bun required7 stitches along his belly. How's that for fighting. :expressionless) Anyway, she wedged herself between the sheds and refused to come out.

In fact, she quite enjoyed taunting us. We finally gave up and let her do her thing for a while. She went back to bugging the rabbits and was having quite a blast. She'd come back into the yard but as soon as we'd look at her, she'd run back to the neighbor's. I managed to get her attention with a piece of straw but she gave me the butt and ran away again once she realized it wasn't a treat.

I armed myself with a carrot.

Luckily, the neigbor and her kid came out. Now if there is one thing that Maybelle does not like, it's kids. The kiddo was quite happy to see another rabbit and wanted to pet her. LOL. Maybelle wouldn't have it and hid in the hedge. I swooped in with the carrot at that moment. She sniffed it, then realized it was a carrot and nibbled it. Slowly I brought the carrot closer and closer to me, not moving except to draw her in. And then I pounced. She was NOT happy about having been caught.

Boy that was oooooooooooone p'd off rabbit.

I'm covered in hedge needles, got hives and allergies, and I missed school because of her. She's sulking in the hutch.

She's totally grounded now. :grumpy:

:whatever

It's a good thing Maybelle is so cute, you might have to spank her otherwise :p

She has rabbitude to share. Sorry you missed class and are not feeling well now. :hug:

Such a nice day for you to have been out taking pictures!! I certainly had a few giggles over some of the goatie pics you posted. It is easy to see that they really like their pettings. Some have really pretty marks on them. I agree, I think I would have a goatie also if I had the room.

How in the world did you manage to get a tongue-pic of the zoo's rabbit?!! I can't even get any of my own fur-kids. :(Such pretty bunnies they have. I found a couple that I wouldn't mind hiding in my jacket pockets for a while. ;)

whats shakin babygirl? great pics again my friend!..i really liked the duck pic for some reason it made me smile....petting zoos are no fun in our neck of the woods..they never look very happy and it breaks my heart to see sad animals..so i dont go to the zoo ,the circus,the petting zoo cuz of it..i know im missing out but i see the whole thing as a negative more then a positive..but ur petting zoos look very different..and i could handle those....Holland is gorgeous just gorgeous! of course it helps with ur savvy camera skillz:)..u could prob make a dark alley in the Bronx look good...
me,, i have the most handsomest bunny that is a dream for photographers to shoot ..and it takes me 100 pics to get 1 good one of him:)..they move too fast for me and my camera to handle i guess..hehe..now cars i can take phenomenal pics of cars...but thats another forum altogether:)..

Minilophop -all those buns get along at the petting zoo cuz they arent in each others faces ..they have ROOM to do their thing..thats how it works ..they prob do scuffle at times but then they can go their own ways..cant do that in a cage....same goes with Matt and I...little house and im like "you agian,why u always in my face?."..hehe but bigger house and im like" HONEYYY where are you??.what doin? come hang with me."

ok i got a readheaded child nosebonking my ankle..gots to go give him sum luvins...
p.s. give that Maybelle a squish from me...shes a doll i dont care how much of an attitude she has..she is QUEEN MAYBELLE ...i bow down before her majesty....

Vircia:

Hey you :biggrin:I'm glad you enjoyed the pics of Maybelle. You should come spend a day with her, see how sweet she really is. LOL. :pI still love her though. She's such a hoot. I'm glad you enjoy her. Just make sure Kimi isn't looking when you type that. Hehehe. Yeah, I think that is a mini-lop too. I thought of Kimi and Smores. Hehehe too cute. No worries about having a life outside RO ;)You've been missed though. I'm doing alright. Thanks for stopping by! I was thrilled to see new pics of Kimi and your adorable family pic. :biggrin:

Brandy:

Thank you :biggrin:The goose was so silly. He was so defensive and grumpy. Hehehehe. The guinea pig hotel is cool no? I can't wait to have ours setup. The piggies can't wait either. Twizzler is being a pain in the butt and Jelly Bean is getting tired of dealing with him. It'll be awesome when they'll have all that space to play in.

As for the bunnies there well the setup was big but they also had partitions. Some of the buns were bonded but two pairs were kept on their own within the setup. The black and white bunny was a pretty aggressive cookie actually. (I just realized I didn't post his pic so here you go)

DSC03519.jpg

Anyway, the brown bunny beside him was terribly friendly and wanted to play with everyone but the black one couldn't stand him at all. It was pretty bad actually. Trying to get at him through the fence. Silly little brown one kept binkying and going back for more though. Lol.

The others were bonded though so they had as many as 5 or 6 that I could seeing sharing half the setup. The tri-color and the one that looks like Becky were very very bonded. They were adorable to watch.

Rolo is a very silly bunny. I'm a bit saddened that he is so scared of us but I guess that is expected since Giggles was so scared. He just learned very young to hide when we come by. He really whimpers a ton if you touch him so I am taking it really slow with him. :)It will be interesting to watch him grow and learn his quirks. :p

Lol she does the cute well. Like I was telling Dave, she knows how to use those big blue eyes of hers... :pI was actually supposed to call her Maybelline because of her eyes but Jeff didn't like it as much. It's going to be funny explaining to my teacher why I missed class too...

"Mijn konijn gaat naar de buurman's tuin en maak een ruzie met de buurman's konijnen." :rollseyes

Myia:

LOL! I know right? She is such a pain when she wants :pssd:Hehehe. She's aways keeping us on our toes. She's such great fun.

Janet:

It really was a nice day. I couldn't resist going out. It was a tad chilly in the shadebut that's easy to deal with. :biggrin:I was so happy to enjoy the day. I've been wanting to venture out into more 'natural' surroundings a lot. Seeing animals and being able to play with them always makes me happy. The goats... Gah they were oh so friendly and sweet. I looooved their spots. Jeff really really liked them too. I can't help but wish that we'd live out on asmall farm at some point. Hehehe. There's no doubt we'd be having a few goats and funky chickens as well as lots of rabbits. :p

Lol about the tongue! I usually spend a lot of time by the animals with the camera ready. I like to get pictures of them in various positions as much as I can but it's really hard. When I saw this one start to groom, I just clicked away and got lucky. Hehehe. Animal pictures are always so hard to get though. I'm still trying to get binkies and ear cleaning from my lot... :expressionlessHehehe I can picture you trying to leave the petting zoo with your pockets full :p

Lisa:

I'mma shakin. I'mma shakin in ma boots. At least that's what Divabelle wants me to be doing... LOL. She is SO SO mad!

I'm glad you loved the pictures. The goose was ahoot. He was honking at everyone and making himself look huge and waddled around grumpily. Lol. He tried yanking my camera away from me too. :p

I understand what you mean about petting zoos and stuff. I mean, I myself was disappointed with the zoo in Amsterdam when it came to certain animals but it was nice to see that they seem to be working on it. It's something I will keep an eye on. I only really enjoy a place when proper measures are taken. I mean, some people can't stand the idea of any animal in captivity but I'm okay with it as long as they give them space, care, and love. Some zoos can be really good but some can be downright nasty and I wouldn't want to be encouraging those. I did wish they had given the rabbits a tad more at the petting zoo.I mean, they could easily plant them some edible foliage and stuff but maybe they do that in the spring too. On the other hand, they had plenty of space. Even the guinea pigs had lots to play in. The fun thing is that all the animals had a shelter to go in and out as they pleased so they could get away from people if they wanted.

You know, I was telling Jeff about that while we were there... I find it very different in Holland. So far, the kids I have seen have all beenreally well-behaved at the petting zoos. The dutch really really love animals. You could feel that. You are surrounded by animals here. People stop their cars to let the ducks and ducklings pass. Geese hang out in your front yard. (We don't have geese ourselvesbut we have ducks just on the opposite side of the street) Go for a walk and you'll likely bump into sheep and cowsgrazing... That's aside from all the pets that dutch people have. Most families own multiple pets here. Almosteveryone on our block has at least one cat, the neighbors have 2 bunnies, and dogs... Dogs everywhere. Every area has at least one local petting zoo and there are zoos all across the country. I mean, there are a LOT of zoos here. In Montreal? They closed most ofwhat little pettings zoos they had because the animals were being taunted. A lot of parents leave their kids and go off to do their own thing. Here, parents are very present with their kids and really enjoy it as much as the kiddos do. Awww you should have seen this one family with their lil kiddo. He was probably around what, one and a half, two years old. This one chicken was hanging out on the fence and the lil kiddo walked up to it and started giggling and the chicked started strutting his stuff and the more he'd strutt about, the more the kiddo would giggle. Finally the chicken jumped down and landed in front of the kiddo and continued showing off and the kiddo started imitating the chicken. What a hoot!

I do love these nature parts of Holland. I mean, we're still in the city (though I guess where we live could pass off more as a suburb) but you don't need to look very far to find nature. I absolutely love walking along the canals with the trees overhead. It's just so nice. The only thing is it rains a lot here so I think a lot of people would hate that. I don't mind it so much really. I still go walk in the rain. I figure I'll dry off eventually:pThere are so many flowers though... It's so lovely. Oh and we have parrots too. They fly about. I love to spot them. I think this is a great place if you enjoy the little pleasures in life. If you ever decide to stop by, be sure to let me know and we'll have the room set up.:wink

Aww you make me blush with your comments. Lol. You're too sweet. I take tons of pictures to get some good shots too. Animals are just not easy to photograph. Especially if they start giving you attitude as soon as they see you with (or without) a camera. Lol. I think a fast camera is just imperative to have if you are dealing with animals. I couldn't get any good shots with my old one. It wouldn't deal with closeups nor the slightest movement. That was annoying. Try getting a bunny to stay still when it's binkying like a fool. Lol. :pWith a bun as gorgeous as Flashie though, maybe it's time to consider getting a quicker camera :winkHey if you struggle with pictures, at least get videos :pHehehe I have no doubt you have awesome car pictures. You'll have to share a few of your favorites sometime ;)

You are right about space being such an important factor. As long as no one has claimed it first, they usually tend to avoid fighting so much and just go off on their own. Except I'm not convinced that would work with Maybelle. LOL. I'd have to see it to believe it with her. If you don't mind, I'll wait a few before giving her her squish so I don't lose anything I might want to keep :pHahaha she definitely is Queen Maybelle but that just makes her special. Hehehe. I'll be sure to let her know that you are enslavable. She'll appreciate that. LOL :wink

If I missed anyone, do know that it was really not intended. I don't see all your posts! Sometimes, I go to reply to one only to realize that there were many more posts to reply to than I thought. I don't know why they suddenly appear. Odd. Lol sorry about that!

Great pictures! That last one of Maybelle is so funny! I love the petting zoo, I wish there was one here so I could visit goats, lol. Goats and chickens are one my "one day" list. I totally get what you mean about having nature close by, I could never see myself living in a city.

Thank you Diana. Hehehe that was such a silly shot of her. :pGoes to prove that no matter how gorgeous one is, you can still catch them looking very silly. Hehehe. ;)Oh yeah the "one day"... Oh how I wish that was near... Lol. I don't like the city life myself but I guess I can see why it's logical for usat this time. I loooooong for a nice retreat in natural surroundings. I envy you! :p

Nela :( Lisa's leaving RO...
I keep checking here, hoping to see her posts. I'm so sad. :sad: I hope she's okay. Just thinking of the idea not seeing her here again makes me.... :sigh:

Latest posts

Back