Update on Eugene, Milton and Cora!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allenstacy74

Reaction score
First of all thank you to everyone who has helped me over the past few days/week with all my rabbit issues!! I am extremely grateful.
Especially @Diane R @JBun and @Watermelons

So, went to my vet appointment today, Milton is booked in for his neutering on Monday morning next week!!

As for Eugene and Cora, found the cause of Eugene being an ass, Cora has some dental issues and has most likely been in a bit of distress although hasn’t been showing any signs, it is caught early, she just has slightly jagged edges on her bottom Molars, my vet has advised and helped me book her in for next month to have them fixed and will no longer be sore.

Aside from Cora’s teeth, all the rabbits are in perfect health 🥰

I'm glad the vet was able to find a potential cause for your pairs recent upset. Hopefully once her teeth are sorted and both buns have had some time to settle down and forget about their scuffle, they'll be ready to be rebonded.

I'm glad the vet was able to find a potential cause for your pairs recent upset. Hopefully once her teeth are sorted and both buns have had some time to settle down and forget about their scuffle, they'll be ready to be rebonded.
Only issue is that I’m getting Cora’s teeth done at the end of this month, is that not too long to keep them apart? Like I know I’m going to have to rebond them anyway but over a month seems to long to keep them separated but I suppose there isn’t much point in bonding them now then breaking the bond again when she goes for her appointment because I obviously won’t be able to bring Eugene.

Only issue is that I’m getting Cora’s teeth done at the end of this month, is that not too long to keep them apart? Like I know I’m going to have to rebond them anyway but over a month seems to long to keep them separated but I suppose there isn’t much point in bonding them now then breaking the bond again when she goes for her appointment because I obviously won’t be able to bring Eugene.
Keep them separated until she's recovered from her dental. Incidentally, always bring bonded rabbits to the vet together. They should never be separated. A good rabbit vet will always accommodate the patient's partner.

Keep them separated until she's recovered from her dental. Incidentally, always bring bonded rabbits to the vet together. They should never be separated. A good rabbit vet will always accommodate the patient's partner.
That’s what I thought, I did ask about bringing Eugene but they said no, because she has to be under anaesthetic to get her teeth done so I’ll be dropping her off and picking her up once it’s done, so said there’s no point in bringing him as I’d have to take him straight home.. but thank you, I’ll keep them separated for now then :)

That’s what I thought, I did ask about bringing Eugene but they said no, because she has to be under anaesthetic to get her teeth done so I’ll be dropping her off and picking her up once it’s done, so said there’s no point in bringing him as I’d have to take him straight home.. but thank you, I’ll keep them separated for now then :)
That is a sign they are not rabbit vets...

They've already had a serious fight, and separated because of it. At this point they couldn't safely be put back together until they've had a long enough break from each other and the problem that started the scuffle has been resolved. They're essentially unbonded rabbits now, and have to be treated that way and remain separate until the dental is done. Then hopefully that fixes the difficulties between them and they'll rebond ok after that.

Aside from that, I'd suggest keeping a close eye on your girl bun. A month is awfully long to wait for a bun with a dental problem. Keep an eye on her appetite and weight. If the dental issue starts affecting her eating and weight significantly, the dental will have to be done right away before your bun starts having other problems like GI stasis and fatty liver disease.

They've already had a serious fight, and separated because of it. At this point they couldn't safely be put back together until they've had a long enough break from each other and the problem that started the scuffle has been resolved. They're essentially unbonded rabbits now, and have to be treated that way and remain separate until the dental is done. Then hopefully that fixes the difficulties between them and they'll rebond ok after that.

Aside from that, I'd suggest keeping a close eye on your girl bun. A month is awfully long to wait for a bun with a dental problem. Keep an eye on her appetite and weight. If the dental issue starts affecting her eating and weight significantly, the dental will have to be done right away before your bun starts having other problems like GI stasis and fatty liver disease.
I completely get that, she is a healthy weight and is eating etc perfectly. She is booked in for the end of this month for 2 reasons, my vet told me that her teeth weren’t too bad, only slightly slanted and said that I can wait longer, obviously I turned that down and booked her in to get it sorted as soon as I could, but the second reason (and I know it’s not the greatest excuse in the book) but I simply do not have enough money to get it done right now, I had planned all of my money from last month to accommodate all my vet bills but I didn’t know about Cora’s teeth until after the vet appointment so (£180 for vaccinations and (£140 for miltons neutering and over £80 worth of taxi rides to get him to and from the vet) to get Cora’s teeth done is going to be about £425 plus £80+ worth of taxi rides to and from aswell, also adding in hay, pellets, veggies, litter and enrichment and with all of that also trying to keep enough money to look after myself, I have absolutely no problem with going without if it means I can look after my little bunnies, but I don’t get a whole lot of money, I pay for my rabbits completely by myself, I don’t have help from anyone else. It isn’t ideal that I get paid at the end of the month and I wish I could do more about it. On a normal month I would have enough to take care of all the needs of my rabbits but because I have back to back expensive vet bills to pay has made me pretty short of money, I’m trying as hard as I can. I don’t want any of you to think I’m a bad owner for not being able to afford all of it at once but the reality is, is that I’m 21 and can afford to care for all 3 of them, but this past month has wrung me pretty dry with all the major expenses, once the neutering and Cora’s teeth are sorted, it will be financially easier haha..

Totally understandable. I just wanted to mention it as something to keep an eye on, as selective eating and sudden consistent weight loss are both good early indicators the teeth might be starting to cause problems (consistent drooling is another). So noticing these can help an owner address the issue before it starts causing more significant health issues.

Back