Stuffed toys

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, rabbits are social animals, many yearn for company and might find a substitute in a stuffie. At least some might, some are content alone, but if the rabbit gets something out of it imho it's better than nothing.

When I started with rabbits I had two incompatible does, at least back then I had no clue how to get them together without shredding each other, and I didn't know if that was even possible. One of them, Magda, liked to hang out with a garden ornament, seemed to at least give the feeling of having company.
I kept daughters of those two to live with them, Magda got Chantal, then Ruth took Magdas place, and Lotte followed Chantal. Now it's time to pick the next two, one from late Lottes last litter and one from Ruths recent litter.

Anyway, rabbits aren't like dogs that swallow everything, so I wouldn't be too worried about stuff comming off unless it's fibers from easily plucked fake fur.

Attachments

• garden ornament.jpg
    garden ornament.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 0
Well, rabbits are social animals, many yearn for company and might find a substitute in a stuffie. At least some might, some are content alone, but if the rabbit gets something out of it imho it's better than nothing.

When I started with rabbits I had two incompatible does, at least back then I had no clue how to get them together without shredding each other, and I didn't know if that was even possible. One of them, Magda, liked to hang out with a garden ornament, seemed to at least give the feeling of having company.
I kept daughters of those two to live with them, Magda got Chantal, then Ruth took Magdas place, and Lotte followed Chantal. Now it's time to pick the next two, one from late Lottes last litter and one from Ruths recent litter.

Anyway, rabbits aren't like dogs that swallow everything, so I wouldn't be too worried about stuff comming off unless it's fibers from easily plucked fake fur.
Thankyou so much for sharing this with me

I just read a post and someone said their rabbit liked to groom a pet stuffie.

is this a good thing for a rabbit to have?

as long as it doesn't have buttons or attachments?
Hi! 👋
I can only speak for myself and I’m not an expert for sure!
Minx being an “ONLY” bunny I felt sorry for her because she doesn’t have another bunny to groom (except the ceramic bunnies I have on my deck!!😀)
So at Christmas I gave her a stuffed bunny!
When I gave it to her she threw it out of her day bed! I put it back and she tossed it again so I figured she wasn’t too impressed about an hour later I Thought I’d give it one more shot! I put it back and she started grooming it! She did eventually chew off her nose but it wasn’t a button or anything hard…just a black piece of cloth.
I do see her grooming it often with no problems at this stages!
Just our experience 👍👍👏👏🥰🥰

Latest posts

Back