String (Suture?) in Rabbit’s Spay Incision

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrazyChickenGirl

Reaction score
Is this something I need to worry about? She was spayed last Monday and she’s having her sutures removed this upcoming Tuesday.

Attachments

• IMG_4978.jpeg
    IMG_4978.jpeg
    185.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4977.jpeg
    IMG_4977.jpeg
    255.7 KB · Views: 0
Is this something I need to worry about? She was spayed last Monday and she’s having her sutures removed this upcoming Tuesday.
I’m not sure but it looks like it’s open..
Can you contact your vet?
If not, then it’s better to visit before her appointment.
Haru had something similar and the vet resutured her

Best to check with your vet first thing tomorrow, as Haru suggested. Especially if your rabbit has been messing with the external incision and possibly chewed it open. That definitely would need checking by your vet. But I can't really tell for sure what's up with it from the picture.

If there are any serious complications or deterioration in health before you can get her seen tomorrow, you may need to get her to an emergency vet tonight.

If that outer incision isn't sutured shut anymore, you'll need to take steps to prevent your rabbit chewing at it until you can get her seen tomorrow. And also protect it from any contamination and debris getting in it, as best as possible.

Back