Show Quality for Hollands?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beccalynn06

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
My family and I are very new to the rabbit show world and our plan is for our boys to show our rabbits in 4H in the next couple years when they’re old enough, in that time I’m hoping to have a more established rabbitry were we’re producing rabbits to show out of bunnies we’ve raised and bred ourselves instead of just buying them from other breeders.
With that being said we had our first pedigreed Holland Lop litter approximately 6 weeks ago and I’m still trying to learn what traits and qualities are most looked for at shows in Hollands so I can decide who our keeper should be to be the start of our rabbitrys own line of Hollands. I’ve done a lot of research myself and have a general idea but would love input from the community that has a lot more experience than me as to which of our little ones might have the most potential. I have my own thoughts but want to see what more experienced show bunny owners think!
Again this is our first litter and while I did purchase what I felt were quality parents I know these littles won’t be anywhere near a perfect breed standard, but everyone has to start somewhere! I look forward to hearing everyone’s thoughts and using any and all advice as we continue our rabbit breeding and showing journey! 😊
P.s. I tried really hard to get them to pose but they weren’t having it 😅

Attachments

• IMG_4189.jpeg
    IMG_4189.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4203.jpeg
    IMG_4203.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4204.jpeg
    IMG_4204.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4207.jpeg