Seeking help to re-home two sweet spay and neutered rabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All,

I adopted four rabbits from craigslist about three years ago. I have developed sinusitis and need surgery. I have been providing outstanding care for the rabbits who were in need of a loving home because their previous owner could no longe care for them. All four rabbits are between 3 1/2 and 4 years old.

2 of the rabbits are spay and neutered and they are very attractive rabbits that were once free-ranging house rabbits. They now live in a 4 by 12 foot long pen in an air-conditioned room. I was told that are half Flemish Giant and half New Zealand. They are about 12 pounds each and are very healthy. They are a bonded pair that have lived together since birth. George is very cute with white with black spots and Gracie is black with otter markings and she is truly beautiful. George is curious and playful. Gracie is sweet and very shy.

I have tried to find them a loving home for over a year but I have not had any interest. I have been caring for them by wearing an N95 and by hiring pet sitters when necessary. Most people in my area think of rabbits as livestock and very few people keep rabbits as indoor pets. It is important to me that they would go to a loving home. They are on a “wait-list” with the Portland humane society. It is unlikely that the Humane Society will be able to help me find a home because they are just overwhelmed with a long list of small pets that they cannot accept. With that being said, the local bunny rescue does not accept rabbits unless they have been surrendered to the humane society. I will continue to care for all of my rabbits, even if I have to pay a sitter but I am hoping to find a loving and responsible home for George and Gracie with the help of other experienced rabbit rescue advocates.

My other rabbits are female California and New Zealand rabbits. They are not spayed and they are less sociable and so I will keep them because they require more care and attention. They are not very “adoptable” and although they are in good health, one has mild hip dysplasia.

I am switching to feeding the rabbits Orchard Hay to help reduce the severe allergy reaction that I have with the Timothy dust. The rabbits also enjoy daily organic salads and they have always had filtered water. I have not been able to afford medical care for them recently but they were seen by a vet about 2 1/2 for a routine visit. All for rabbits live in large 4 by 12 foot pens within an air-conditioned room. George and Gracie share a pen. Hazel and Maude have separate pens that are also 4 by 12 feet long.

The rabbits live with me in Salem, Oregon. Does anyone know of any other resources to help with re-homing George and Gracie? I promised the previous owners and their children that I would do all that I can go provide them a good life and I will only release them to a loving a good home that can provide a better life than what I can offer. The sinusitis is quite serious and I am hoping that someone can help to me find the right match for them. They are very sweet rabbits.

Thank you.

Latest posts

Back