Poop city!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi..so I have 15 month old flemish giants,Hobi & Mizla who live together outdoors in a. 6x 6 ft shed.The shed inside has 3 levels with a litter tray on the ground floor.
We have had a good year they both use the litter tray and only the odd few poops outside of it.
For the last week there is poop pellets all over the floor even though the litter tray is being used.
I have a feeling maybe one is using the litter tray and the other isn't.
Any ideas on the whys and what to do?
Thankyoux

Has anything about their environment, set up, or relationship changed? Any animals or wild buns hanging around outside their shed or area? Are they both spayed/neutered?

If there's just one litter tray, you can try adding a second. Maybe one bun is hogging the tray. Otherwise, it's possible a critter is hanging around, sparking territorial poop marking. Which if the case, may calm back down in a few weeks.

If there's just one litter tray, you can try adding a second. Maybe one bun is hogging the tray. Otherwise, it's possible a critter is hanging around, sparking territorial poop marking. Which if the case, may calm back down in a few weeks.
OK,I'll put my trail camera up for a few nights and see if I can catch a photo.
Good idea.Thanksx

We have a 3 your old flem living with us who is litter trained and have had a few bouts of random marking poops in a room about 6 to 12 inches apart(not regular piles). But man can he poop. Mega poop. We started a garden in our yard 2 years ago for both us and him, and put up blink cameras which go off most nights with Skunks, Possoms, Cats, Bunnies, etc. Never thought they could be the reason for the carpet bombing but sure makes sense.

Back