Poop Brat

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mini_Rex

Reaction score
Rabbits should be called Brat-bits.
I set up Rocket a larger littler bin, stuffed with bedding and then hay ontop, stuffed his hay big with hay (overflowing) and move it next to the litter bin as I heard rabbits like to eat and poop which is why their unlimited food is often put in ther litter pan.

The little brat tossed out 1/4 of his hay from the litter pan everywhere and decided to eat from BEHIND the hay tray (where he has to work harder to get the hay) and poop everywhere. 😑
It's like I tell my kids, dog and boyfriend... "You're lucky you're cute".

I hope he grows out of this phase after being neutered. 🤦‍♀️ He's exactly 10 weeks today.

Attachments

• 20230703_152811.jpg
    20230703_152811.jpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 0
You have the right idea of loading hay in the litter box. Having the bin nearby is optional but perfectly fine to have as well.

I'd try putting that gray hay bin on the other side of the litter box. But aside from that, the litter box itself looks rather small. Not sure if it's just the camera perspective though. It should be large enough for him to fully stretch out in. That usually means roughly 16" x 23" minimum. A larger box can be more inviting.

The box below shows two rabbits, but would be a good size for one rabbit as well.

Bigger boxes don't get smelly as quickly and are more inviting to rabbits.

1688418933941.png

How DARE you make changes without his permission 👿

Bunnies can be funny about making changes to their environment. Some just don't like you to mess with 'their' stuff. And sometimes you just have to try a bunch of things before you find the set up that works best for you and your bun. If your bun ends up preferring the previous set up and that's what worked best, that's ok too. I went through multiple litter box set ups before I found the one that I liked and what worked best for my rabbits.

You have the right idea of loading hay in the litter box. Having the bin nearby is optional but perfectly fine to have as well.

I'd try putting that gray hay bin on the other side of the litter box. But aside from that, the litter box itself looks rather small. Not sure if it's just the camera perspective though. It should be large enough for him to fully stretch out in. That usually means roughly 16" x 23" minimum. A larger box can be more inviting.

The box below shows two rabbits, but would be a good size for one rabbit as well.

Bigger boxes don't get smelly as quickly and are more inviting to rabbits.

View attachment 64916
🤔 hmm...yeah his litter bin is big enough for him to do a flop in, but not a full stretch. I'll see what I can do. Thanks!

How DARE you make changes without his permission 👿

Bunnies can be funny about making changes to their environment. Some just don't like you to mess with 'their' stuff. And sometimes you just have to try a bunch of things before you find the set up that works best for you and your bun. If your bun ends up preferring the previous set up and that's what worked best, that's ok too. I went through multiple litter box set ups before I found the one that I liked and what worked best for my rabbits.
🤣 I read that's more common with females with the organizing. My flemish giant literally didn't care at all where his stuff went. He was so chill. Rocket is the complete oposite omg. He's extremely lively. He does like his Timothy hay hideaway in a specific spot. He'll play with it, chew it, move it around, but then put it right back exactly where I placed it when I put it in his house. Everything else is just thrown wherever. But that hideaway has to be in the far right corner. No questions asked. Per Rocket.

I'll see about what I can do for a better litter box. Got a few ideas.

If Rocket could talk....

"Mom told Dad not to let me on the bed while she was cleaning my house because I turn 10 weeks old today. (Not sure what that means.) Dad was awesome and let me on the bed! It was so cozy, comphy, had some weird smells (dog) on it. I sniffed all over Mom's side of the bed, but I pee'd on Dad's side of the bed. It seemed to be a better fit."

Attachments

• 20230703_212052.jpg
    20230703_212052.jpg
    956.6 KB · Views: 0
@Mini_Rex , on the subject on marking territory and pee'ing previous to neuter/spay:

I accompanied a rescue to a prospective home for dating his n/boy. His mini rex boy would groom him, and when cherished boy jumped up on the soft comfy bedding that is easy to urinate on, well, Peanut his companion bun, definitely bonded to him, marked his gf's pillow. Never on "Dad's" side of the bed. Always his gf's side.

Rabbits, I love how they make 300 healthy marbles each day. Then I know their GI tract is functioning properly. And they do have fun with rearranging their hay set-up or prefer a bigger litter box.

Attachments

• PapaNMommaInLitterBoxRST.jpg
    PapaNMommaInLitterBoxRST.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 0
@Mini_Rex , on the subject on marking territory and pee'ing previous to neuter/spay:

I accompanied a rescue to a prospective home for dating his n/boy. His mini rex boy would groom him, and when cherished boy jumped up on the soft comfy bedding that is easy to urinate on, well, Peanut his companion bun, definitely bonded to him, marked his gf's pillow. Never on "Dad's" side of the bed. Always his gf's side.

Rabbits, I love how they make 300 healthy marbles each day. Then I know their GI tract is functioning properly. And they do have fun with rearranging their hay set-up or prefer a bigger litter box.
Makes me wonder if Rocket prefers me over my partner 🤔

He's set up to check an appropriate time to be neutered in August. Vet will see if his parts are big enough then.

NEW LITTER PAN! Best I got for now.

Once he gets his larger x pen and he's neutered and litter trained, his cage will be his litter pan.

So far he's liking the new set up. New litter pan is in the cage (walmart, 5 bucks). He must've known he was gonna get some good stuff. He watched me clean his new pan with rabbit disinfectant and bunny wipes. Then he followed me around when I only had the bedding in my hand. This boy KNOWS the routine. (Hay ontop of bedding).

Old small litter pan is in the corner of the current x pen for when he wants to potty but not go all the way in his "starter" house.

Attachments

• 20230705_141606.jpg
    20230705_141606.jpg
    885.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 20230705_141830.jpg
    20230705_141830.jpg
    945.3 KB · Views: 0
Back