New soap

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could it also be the shirt I'm wearing? Usually I wear t shirts but today I'm wearing a sleeveless shirt that ties in bows at the shoulders and a new pair of sneakers. Usually wear sandals

He doesn't runaway but he does avoid. Forgot to mention last night I did offend him (i kept the cage shut when he asked to come out and I said no so he cold shouldered me).

Gave him a few bites of apple (skin only) seemed fine after that, but now today he's like "nope" but loves my boyfriend.

Could it also be the shirt I'm wearing? Usually I wear t shirts but today I'm wearing a sleeveless shirt that ties in bows at the shoulders and a new pair of sneakers. Usually wear sandals

He doesn't runaway but he does avoid. Forgot to mention last night I did offend him (i kept the cage shut when he asked to come out and I said no so he cold shouldered me).

Gave him a few bites of apple (skin only) seemed fine after that, but now today he's like "nope" but loves my boyfriend.
PLEASE DISREGARD

Apparently this is his new way for getting more treats. He happily came out and played afterwards no problem 🤦‍♀️

Who's training who?

Strong or different scents can affect a rabbits behavior. After all, they have a very strong sense of smell. If you notice he's still showing a change of behavior, it's something to consider. Offending our sensitive little fluff balls, is also quite possible.

Strong or different scents can affect a rabbits behavior. After all, they have a very strong sense of smell. If you notice he's still showing a change of behavior, it's something to consider. Offending our sensitive little fluff balls, is also quite possible.
Yeah... Rocket is brave... but he's starting to show that he thinks he is the dominant one. He WILL NOT groom me when I ask but he wants me to groom him.

Is this okay? I know with horses and dogs it's a hard NO... but is it okay to allow this with buns?
He straight up will punish me (cold shoulder, ignore) and I've learned this quick over the last few days.

He will be exactly 10 weeks old tomorrow. Not sure if that means anything. He doesn't have hormone pee smell yet.

One sanctuary bun would bite hard as I lowered my hand with the Oxbow Simple Rewards treat - or any other mini-treat. She smelled the shower gel scent after I had exited the shower a bit earlier. Same for using a kitchen sink area hand soap. When I didn't have the "different" aroma on my fingers, all was well.

Exactly as @JBun typed: Different scent, and I am going to react.

As for reactions, hub walked into the bunny area wearing a tuxedo for our son's wedding.
- The buns got way scared and went dashing to escape the perceived alien or stranger threat.

I walked into a bun room carrying a roll of Xmas wrap in my hands. Same reaction.

Cold-shoulder happens, too, with our perceptive pets.

Sidenote: Our last agouti rescue was a diligent kisser/groomer prior to his hormonal "neutralized" fix. At a certain age, those puberty hormones create changes.

@Mini_Rex , Good news that brave young man Rocket is not spraying yet.

Same for letting their personalities and feelings known: Our 8 y.o. dutch rescue scampers up the stairway and does the obligatory thump at the top hallway. His routine behavior once his playshift has ended.

Thumping at the DVM was a smilemaker situation, too, @Mini_Rex ! Two rexes were brought in separate kennel cabs to our DVM. When one was getting examined, the other unbonded boy ran from his cab to the empty cab that had the door open. Our Dotson or Spotter THUMPED each time he successfully made the 24" trek (on the floor rug I provided) to the open carrier. So brave to voice his opinion.

Very good to know as a first time rabbit keeper.

Comments from our DVM during a house visit for RHVD2 booster update:

The clinic has a pet resort for pet parents to drop-off their dog or other pet. Doggy Day Care so to speak.

Enter - White Coat syndrome! i.e. Like going to your Primary Care and your calm demeanor or blood pressure is instantly re-adjusted due to pending procedures and clinic environment.

Our DVM said this is true for animals and pets based on her experiences. The Doggy Day Care personnel will bring over a pet for exam or procedure, and his/her behavior is altered.

When our Flemish receives his meds, he knows _Exactly_ what hubby is bringing! "Smarter than the average bear" - Yogi Bear cartoon credit.

Comments from our DVM during a house visit for RHVD2 booster update:

The clinic has a pet resort for pet parents to drop-off their dog or other pet. Doggy Day Care so to speak.

Enter - White Coat syndrome! i.e. Like going to your Primary Care and your calm demeanor or blood pressure is instantly re-adjusted due to pending procedures and clinic environment.

Our DVM said this is true for animals and pets based on her experiences. The Doggy Day Care personnel will bring over a pet for exam or procedure, and his/her behavior is altered.

When our Flemish receives his meds, he knows _Exactly_ what hubby is bringing! "Smarter than the average bear" - Yogi Bear cartoon credit.
As a first time 'bun mom' I am completely blown away by the high intelligence and memory abilities of rabbits

When we moved here, our avatar Nikki was a little Toad for 3 months as we had the "nerve" to disturb her status quo--she finally came back to her "normal" behavior--she just did not like any change! Always have told friends "train your rabbit or your rabbit will train you!" They definitely are smart and have a good memory too.

When we moved here, our avatar Nikki was a little Toad for 3 months as we had the "nerve" to disturb her status quo--she finally came back to her "normal" behavior--she just did not like any change! Always have told friends "train your rabbit or your rabbit will train you!" They definitely are smart and have a good memory too.
I'm sorry . What do you mean by avatar?

Back