Need help with potty training

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coco125

Reaction score
He's a 1 year old grey lion head that free roams My whole room and has a big litter box with hay but I see poop constantly on my mattress and if your wondering why I sleep on a mattress it's cause we moved houses not too long ago and I did not have a room back then so my dad is looking for a bed for me and my rabbit can easily go on my sleeping place and poop there cause it's not as high as a bed and I need help with potty training him he sometimes poops other random places too so any tips will be appreciated

He's a 1 year old grey lion head that free roams My whole room and has a big litter box with hay but I see poop constantly on my mattress and if your wondering why I sleep on a mattress it's cause we moved houses not too long ago and I did not have a room back then so my dad is looking for a bed for me and my rabbit can easily go on my sleeping place and poop there cause it's not as high as a bed and I need help with potty training him he sometimes poops other random places too so any tips will be appreciated also he's unspayed cause my dad says it's a waste of money and won't spay him

When a rabbit is getting used to a new place, he'll tend to mark his territory more at first. That kind of marking should dissipate in time.

Going on the bed is likely because he smells your scent. Not much to do about that until you get your bed off the floor.

As for the other random scatterings, once he's done marking the "new" territory he may still leave occasional poos here and there. As long as he is 100% with his urine in the litter box, then he is considered "litter trained." The stray poos are typical for a rabbit. Only the very rare rabbit is 100% with poos in the litter box. It's just the nature of rabbits. Thankfully poos are easy enough to sweep up.

Back