Keep Blossom in your thoughts please (RIP)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LassieBunBun

Reaction score
United States of America, New York state; Upstate
I didn't know where to post this so if this is the wrong place, I'm sorry. Blossom needs healing vibes and prayers. Today I found blood in her enclosure and she's barely eating, it took her literal hours to eat all her pellets and she's not really touching her hay much and she's doing more sleeping than normal today. She has a vet appointment on Monday, that's the closest day that we could get. I'm honestly scared so please keep her in your thoughts and prayers (for those of you who do pray)

I wish I had seen this earlier today so I could have said this then. But if at all possible, I would suggest trying to get her seen by an emergency clinic that has a vet experienced with rabbits, immediately. If you can find one tonight. Or tomorrow if you can't find one tonight. It's likely to be expensive, just be aware. But it's sounding like your rabbit is in critical condition and needs immediate vet care, and Monday is too far away.

https://wabbitwiki.com/wiki/New_York

I didn't know where to post this so if this is the wrong place, I'm sorry. Blossom needs healing vibes and prayers. Today I found blood in her enclosure and she's barely eating, it took her literal hours to eat all her pellets and she's not really touching her hay much and she's doing more sleeping than normal today. She has a vet appointment on Monday, that's the closest day that we could get. I'm honestly scared so please keep her in your thoughts and prayers (for those of you who do pray)
Isnt it just the worse feeling when you know your bun is ill but feel helpless to help them?

I'll share my story.
I am a first time bunny owner and after only 2 months my Peety became ill.

Earlier that day the bunny first aid supplies arrived in the mail.
We live in a hamlet of 200 people.

Nearest vet for rabbits is 3 hours away.
I was prepared for my husband to come home from work and tsk tsk me for ordering something " we don't really need right now"

When Peety was inert I had no idea what was wrong.

I gave him water and Ovol through a tiny syringe.

Then I prayed and asked God to give me discernment on what was wrong and asked for God's mercy.

I felt strongly that this rabbit was a precious gift from God during the bleakest season of my life.
I knew the rabbit is 100 percent dependent on us

Isnt it just the worse feeling when you know your bun is ill but feel helpless to help them?

I'll share my story.
I am a first time bunny owner and after only 2 months my Peety became ill.

Earlier that day the bunny first aid supplies arrived in the mail.
We live in a hamlet of 200 people.

Nearest vet for rabbits is 3 hours away.
I was prepared for my husband to come home from work and tsk tsk me for ordering something " we don't really need right now"

When Peety was inert I had no idea what was wrong.

I gave him water and Ovol through a tiny syringe.

Then I prayed and asked God to give me discernment on what was wrong and asked for God's mercy.

I felt strongly that this rabbit was a precious gift from God during the bleakest season of my life.
I knew the rabbit is 100 percent dependent on us

Long story short. I had given him.too much banana earlier in the day and it made him hyperglycemia.

I am so very thankful he pulled through. I danced around and praised God for His demonstration that " He knows when even a tiny sparrow falls"

Long story short. I had given him.too much banana earlier in the day and it made him hyperglycemia.

I am so very thankful he pulled through. I danced around and praised God for His demonstration that " He knows when even a tiny sparrow falls"
Hallelujah!!! Our God is faithful
So happy your Peety is well 🥰❤️🙏

I wish I had seen this earlier today so I could have said this then. But if at all possible, I would suggest trying to get her seen by an emergency clinic that has a vet experienced with rabbits, immediately. If you can find one tonight. Or tomorrow if you can't find one tonight. It's likely to be expensive, just be aware. But it's sounding like your rabbit is in critical condition and needs immediate vet care, and Monday is too far away.

https://wabbitwiki.com/wiki/New_York
Sorry for the late reply, for some reason this thread didn't load for me until now. Thank you for the link, I'm saving it just in case I need it for Thumper.

Back