Hind leg limping

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stormybun

Reaction score
I’m already going to call the vet as soon as they open, but I’m just hoping to get an idea of what exactly might be the issue.

Last night, my rabbit hurt his nail. I’m not sure how, but it was bleeding. Today, I noticed him limping and avoiding pressure on that paw. What can I do for him right now? He isn’t showing any other signs of pain, and he’s still eating and doing his normal activities. ☹️

It could just be sore from the broken nail, or he may have also broken the toe. If you weren't able to get him seen today, I would keep him in a smaller area to restrict movement somewhat, so that if there is a break, it doesn't get further injured. And make sure he continues eating and drinking pretty normally. If appetite is significantly reduced due to pain, this then becomes an emergency situation. Rabbits shouldn't go more than 12-24 hours without eating sufficient amounts to keep their gut moving well enough.

https://wabbitwiki.com/wiki/Veterinary_emergencies

Latest posts

Back