Hello!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jupiterannette

Reaction score
hello all, my name is natalie, and i am new here, you all have lots of great threds...
i am looking for information.... on prego bunns..

i groom birds and small animals and doing so have become a small rescue....

i have 10 parrots
1 chinchilla
a grat dane
and 2 foster boy rabbits, one fixed the other not.....
and my girl well at play time, in 2 seconds the non nuterd male had his way with her, and now 28 days later we are expacting any moment....

i have done alot of work with rabbits, and concider my self somewhat educated, but as always i like to learn more and do alot of research!

so i am here to learn more about having a prego bunn, and babys

she is a2.5 year old eastern cotton tial X dwarf netherlands
and daddy bun is a show standard dwarf.... 2 lbs 2 inch ears.. beautifull

im going to try to add a pic of the two...

just so ya all know...

im not against breeding as long as you have homes for the animals before they come into the world....

and i do for up to 10! i hope the litter isnt more then 6 for her sake though!

soooo... if ya'all have any info you would liek to share with me please let me know!

thanx

natalie
Hunny and bunz

Welcome to the group! I'm sorry you had an accident. But at least you do have homes for them all. The rabbits are very cute! There are some very nice breeders here that will be happy to help you out.

thank you, i am also if anyone knows of one...
looking for a flemish or other very large breed rabbit breader... or adoption...

i had a big bun, she was going to be meat on a farm, and i couldnt let that happen, she was bautifull! she weighd 15 lbs when she passed away, and i miss her sooo much, she had run of my house.. bunny proffed of course!

and i would liek to get another, for some reason there is just nothing liek a big bunn...

she was blue amarican rabbit I THINK.... i was told she was a finnish, something or other, but never found anything like it....
i will atttacha pic.. i miss her and if any one knows where i could find another like her... PLEASE let me know! even with the babes on the way... i miss my big girl, and hunny misses having a big sister!

thanx

yet another pic

super sad part...

she was boarn in sept of 05 she died oct of 06

13 mos old!

she was alterd and healthy

i feel so guilty... i gave her spinache being a good mommy,,,, and it was the bad spinache..... :(

Oh no! You mean the ecoli spinach? That is such a shame! She was beautiful. And if that is you holding her, you are beautiful as well.

Aww...what a horrible way to lose a bunny...when it's not your fault. :(

But..we're happy to have ya, Hun! And we can't wait to hear all about the new babies, when they're born! I hope all turns out well.

Feel free to ask all about it in the Rabbitry section, as there are lots of members there that have lots of great information to share. Here's a link there:
http://rabbitsonline.net/view<WBR>_forum.php?id=8

But please read this thread first:
http://rabbitsonline.net/view<WBR>_topic.php?id=5541&forum<WBR>_id=8

So...welcome to the forum, Hun! We&#39;re happy to have you!!

I look foward to seeing lots of pictures of your sweet bunnies (and those babies when they&#39;re born)!! :D

Hugs!

Rosie*

i have already been touring around the site a bit, and have read just about all the baby bunny posts and info, you really have soem great stuff on here...

she has been nesting hard core tonight, and pulling a bit at her fur, i think it might happen tonight!

she has been running around frantically too!

i put the cam corder on night vision on her hooked up to the tv, so i can watch her formt he other room and not desterb her!

im so excited!

UM Those are some cute rabbits!

You bunnies are so lovely, I&#39;m so sorry you lost your girl....:cry2

Good luck with the babies!! Accidents happen, it&#39;s so good you have homes for them all, I can&#39;t wait to see pictures of them when they arrive:happydance

Oh yeah, Welcome to RO:hello

so my preg girl was due 28 days yesterday...

i know they can go to 31, but she is starting to worry me, she pulled alot of fur out or her ... private area... and has been.. irritated.. and jumpy..

she also was grinding her teeth earlier... which means she is in pain...

i dont want to give her anything for pain cause of the babies...

i jsut gave her some more green grass, and wheet grass, and she munched away, and she seemed to feel better.

she has full access to dry hay, and gets green grass and veg 2 times a day..

free feed to timothy pellets, and dr. pellets..

and a fresh water bottle, and a vitamin bottle, that she seems to prefur to drink...

she is stuffing tons of hey in her mouth, and making quite the nest, and eating ALOT

she runs to me and begs to come out, but im afraid to pick her up, so i let her hope out her door, to the floor and then she goes up her steps onto the couch, and relaxes with me... she seems like she doesnt want to be int he cage atall... she just wants her mommy.....

her belly is moving and soooo big she cant stand without it dragging....

do you think they are stuck in her belly....

does this sound normal???

gonan post int he breeding room too...

thanx

I&#39;m sorry I don&#39;t know. Good luck and let us know what happens. By the way I&#39;m originally from Massachusetts too.:)

If they were born at 28 days that would have been early, the gestation period for a rabbit is actually 31 days, but they could go over this by a few days too:)

it would be 31 days tomorrow? yeah

and we jsut got back fromt he vets, and he said she looks awesome, and the babies are ready to come out, and the leaking is normal, he said they can leak for up to a week before they have the babies..

he said it should be today or tomorrow, and for me to just relax, and let her do her thing!

im so nervous...... and anxious

she is in her cage,a nd nesting more now, he said to leave her alone, just talk to her and pet her once and a while, but keep her in her pen/ cage, no free hopping, incase she has the babies, i have to be able to find them! lol

so...

iwant to tank you all agian for your help, and i will keep you updated.!
and of course post pics once i can!

This is exciting! :D

Latest posts

Back