Conti weight

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello, I have a continental giant and I was a little concerned about her weight she’s almost 11 months old and she only weighs 9 lbs. she’s my first giant and I was wondering if that’s a normal weight? She looks about the size of a French lip or new Zealsnd

Attachments

• IMG_2770.jpeg
    IMG_2770.jpeg
    560.5 KB · Views: 0
Are those ears really as big as they look on the picture?

Although those big breeds tend to grow slowly, 9lbs at 11 months isn't much. Any chance she's a cross of some sort? I had mixes with checkered giants in their heritage, had some of the features but toped out at 10-11lbs.

Hello, I have a continental giant and I was a little concerned about her weight she’s almost 11 months old and she only weighs 9 lbs. she’s my first giant and I was wondering if that’s a normal weight? She looks about the size of a French lip or new Zealsnd
I have a Flemish giant, and he weighs around 9 to 10 kg. He was also ‘small’ when I got him, and it took around a year for him to grow to where he is now. Some giants are smaller than others, so I think it depends, but if you’re worried, then maybe you can ask a vet about it? 😅 hope everything’s good! Your bunny is absolutely adorable 🐰🥰

Attachments

• IMG_0934_Original.jpeg
    IMG_0934_Original.jpeg
    278.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1282_Original.jpeg
    IMG_1282_Original.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
She sure is pretty! The US Continental Giant club says does 10 months and up should be over 14.8 lbs., so she is a bit small for a Continental Giant bit she won't stop growing until she's about 14 months old.

I have a Flemish giant, and he weighs around 9 to 10 kg. He was also ‘small’ when I got him, and it took around a year for him to grow to where he is now. Some giants are smaller than others, so I think it depends, but if you’re worried, then maybe you can ask a vet about it? 😅 hope everything’s good! Your bunny is absolutely adorable 🐰🥰
Thank you so much! Yours is adorable too! I just weighted her today and she is at 11 pounds now

Are those ears really as big as they look on the picture?

Although those big breeds tend to grow slowly, 9lbs at 11 months isn't much. Any chance she's a cross of some sort? I had mixes with checkered giants in their heritage, had some of the features but toped out at 10-11lbs.
Yes there as big as they look lol they go half way to her back when she has them down. She is a papered purebred, I just weighed her a little bit ago and she weighed in at 11lbs and she just turned 11 months old on the 21st

She was also the biggest when I got her she was 7lbs at 3 months

Back