Any other rabbits molting this time of year?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m.e.

Reaction score
I startednoticing increased shedding maybe a week ago, and was shocked todiscover that both of my rabbits are molting. Peanut (mini lop)isn't quite so dramatic as Rex (mini rex) - he's got whole patches ofshort new hair. Looks like he's balding :shock:

The most probable explanation is the space heater I recently broughtinto my room, to keep the mice from freezing to death this winter. Doyou think an increase in temperature, while not dramatic, could havethrown them into molt?

The only problem with this theory is that Christine's rabbit, Onzlo, isalso molting (big time) and there have been NO changes at herhouse :?

Just wondering if there were any other buns experiencing the same thing...

~Emily and the (super) Fuzzbutts~

I've got some wicked shedding going on hereright now. Freddys was immediately noticable..which I thought was justdue to the stress of recently being neutered.

I've been brushing him for three days now and the amount of fur thathas come off of him is amazing. I am surprised he's not bald. and Idecided for the heck of it to brush Vicky too (couldnt hurt) and she isshedding just as bad. I literally mean multiple brush fulls!

and I dont know if anyone else has this problem, but I have to take aclaratin before brushing them. THey normally dont make me sneezy itchyetc but when I brush them ..watch out I turn into a sneezy weepy mess!

Misty is just starting a shed now tooIthink but she's been in a shelter and now eating new pellets and hay -so could be attributed to that.

Nadia

Me too! I've been a snuffy, sniffly mess since they started with this.

I am getting an astounding amount of hairoff ofboth my bunsters, and Christine got a pile of fur fromOnzlo that's nearly as big as he is! (her other rabbit, Bella, is notmolting at all).

Strange rabbits...

Just out of curiosity, what kind of brushdo you use? I've been using the cats' Zoom Groom, and while it seems towork well, it's not thatgreat.

~Emily and the Fuzzbutts~

All 8 of my bunnies are shedding like there's notomorrow. I think they're doing it on purpose just so they'll get someextra papaya.

~JimD

My Maggie started shedding last week.
Nick - the hairy little monster - is ALWAYS shedding it seems...
Hey! The Emoticons are back!!!!
:elephant::colors::bunnydance::)

Well, I'm glad toknow I'm not alone :D(and oh-so-happy the emoticons are back!:bunnydance:)

~Emily and the Fuzzbutts~

Pebbles is starting a minormolt. I've been letting her out for her runs outsidein 32*F temperatures.

I can get alot of hair off with the Zoom Groom and a vaccum cleaner. :shock:

Rainbows! :D

Devon and Amber have been shedding on and off since Thanksgiving! It actually got pretty bad again yesterday.

both my buns are shedding, both not long after molting.

it doesn't seem to be a molt, just a lot of loose hair. its weird.

SAS

Yes,mine are doing it also. I am glad there are others . I was getting a little concerned.

Snowy Joey is molting lots. White furgets on everything.If you have fur on clothes, a good trickis to use rubber gloves and rub the fur. It comes off magicaly.:)

~ Anneliese

Sunny has gone from light brown to dark grey inless than a week. She has a brown stripe on each side, butthe rest of her has gone a dark grey.

The fur clumps flying around are really hard to keep up with. She just turned 5 months, so I guess the timing is right.

bunnydude wrote:
Devon and Amber have been shedding on and off sinceThanksgiving!
same here! its everywhere! been using a sheddingblade for dogs and horses... it works pretty good.. cant wear black andthen pick her up... made that mistake the other day when i was gettingready to go somewhere

Latest posts

Back