Babies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cookiemonster

Reaction score
Here are a couple pictures of the babies that were born last Thursday.. Also need some basic info on how to care for them...

Last edited:
I don’t know what information you know but this is what I’ve gathered from my research/talking to people I know. As long as the mother is caring for them, let her do her thing. Check to see if all of their bellies are full a few times a day to ensure they’re all nursing. Right before their eyes open around day 10, it’s important that you clean out the nesting box to avoid any eye infections and continue to keep the nesting box clean and dry. Try to save as much of the mother’s pulled fur as you can for the clean box. Around this time they may start nibbling on the hay in their nest. Around 2-3 weeks old, the babies will start coming out the the nesting box (if they get out before then be sure to put them back inside). At 3-4 weeks old, the babies will start to eat pellets and drink water. By 6 weeks they will be mostly weaned but it is recommened to keep them with their mother until they are 8-9 weeks old. I hope this helps! :)

As long as the die is feeding them they should be fine. Are they inside or outside? Newborns can get chilled very easily so it’s best if they stay in the beatbox under the hair. At 10-14 days their eyes should open.

Sorry for the typos. In cold weather I always went to the nestbox in the evening to make sure all kits were covered in the box. Kits can get dragged out when Mom leaves the box after feeding, and young ones can’t get back in. Even ones in the box but not covered can get chilled and die. The doe will only feed 1x-2x per day.

So far the babies have stayed in their nest... mom seems to be feeding and they all have round tummies...

Latest posts

Back