Can you decide when to cuddle?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hermelin

Reaction score
Hello, I wonder if I can decide when to cuddle with my bunny. He’s in a cage when I’m not home and at night time but free roam the apartment when I’m home.

My rabbit have a tendency to want to cuddle when I study and he will do anything to get my attention during dose times. He will give kisses on my face, jump on the lap top, try closing the books and lay in the books. Can’t lock him in because it takes hours for me to study and then he won’t get as much floor time. When I study he never leave my side but when I’m watching movie he leaves.

Can I make him cuddle when I want to cuddle?

It's adorable that he demands attention from you like that! Not many rabbits do that. You should feel quite privileged!

Rabbits are moody creatures though and know what they want and when they want it. It's usually best to go with their moods. Trying to force affection on them when they aren't in the mood, usually just backfires. They won't understand why you don't understand their body language. In their eyes, when they are giving you the bunnyspeak for "leave me alone for now," they won't get why you aren't "listening."

He could get quite upset and grumpy (and yes, hold a grudge) for what he could view as quite rude (in his eyes).

Didn’t think he would get cuddle because he was a skittish and a shy kit, I’ll just study with him while he demands attention.

Also maybe try watching your movie while laying on the floor. If you put some pillows and a blanket it's pretty comfy. Then your rabbit may decide to approach you for cuddles. I agree with Blue Eyes though. Rabbits know when they want to cuddle.

But if your rabbit doesn't come cuddle after a couple nights, I'd try watching your movie while munching Craisins. They are dried cranberries and rabbits usually are crazy for them. Your rabbit will smell them eventually and come to investigate. You can give him/ her one. Put them away and your rabbit may decide to stick around and cuddle. If he/she gets a craisin every night at tv time, it may help set the pattern for more interaction during tv time.

My rabbit have no problem getting up to the bed, he spend more time on the bed than the floor but I’ll try with eating something :3 I have no problem with cuddles but want my study times alone.

If you are just needing him to leave you alone while you study, maybe pick that time to give him something to do, such as use this time to feed him his pellets or veggies. Or give him a new activity such as a new cardboard box to explore. The other alternative is if he is neutered, finding him a bunny friend to bond him to, preferably a female bun that he takes a liking to. You're his source of entertainment and affection, so he's going to naturally come to you for attention when he can. The way to change this is give him something else to do, whether it's food, an activity, or a bunny friend to keep him company.

When I’m eating something with a wrapper my rabbit will not leave me alone!

He dosen’t play and when I let him play with an activty toy after a few minutes he comes to me. He will get a bunny friend but that’s in may. I’m truly hoping he will understand bunny language because he have never been with another rabbit.

Latest posts

Back