Are these safe to feed my bunnies?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

button+banjo

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

So I have two Holland Lop rabbits (neutered, bonded brothers named Button & Banjo) and they got these treats for Christmas. I was wondering if they were safe to feed them? They also got timothy hay and willow toys, but all the willow has been devoured. :) Currently the only things they eat are 1/2 cup of Oxbow adult pellets daily (to share), and unlimited timothy hay.

Here are some pics of the treats:

20180119_201301_LLS.jpg

20180119_201342_LLS.jpg

20180119_201416_LLS.jpg

20180119_201429_LLS.jpg

Noooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe they are still trying to sell this crap for rabbits. Just get more willow toys. They're a perfect toy/treat for buns.

Rice, corn, sugar and artificial color... are they kidding? There isn't an animal on the planet supposed to eat that crap... ^^'
If you want to add variety to your rabbit's diet (which you should!), give less pellets and introduce vegetables. Your rabbits should eat mainly that, after hay (of course) and you can give a big variety of them if you introduce them carefully one by one.

Thanks everyone! They were a gift (I asked for "rabbit chew toys" and I guess these were next to the timothy and willow toys at Petsmart). :( I'll try to get them some more willow. We do have a pear tree, does anyone know if pear wood is safe?

Latest posts

Back