Dogs [emoji240] and bunnies [emoji195]

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucky_2017

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have this new pup (black lab) and he’s pretty cool with my rabbit but we aren’t 100% sure they’re fully ok. I feel bad because I’m not getting my rabbit out as often but I do get him out at least once a day. His cages are regularly topped up and he’s fine for the vital things he needs but I’m gone for at least 6 hours a day and sometimes I have to watch the pup. Will my bun be ok with this or will he need a lot more fuss? Sorry if I did this on the wrong topic!?

Having bun in cage for at least 6 hours per day is fine provided the cage is adequate size.

Many puppies can learn to get along with rabbits. You'll just need to watch out when the excess chewing starts. Those pin-sharp puppy teeth can easily puncture a bunny's delicate skin. Puppy may see the rabbit as a puppymate. Puppy mates tend to roughhouse-- including chewing on each other's ears. So watch out for that and separate as needed.

You'll be teaching your puppy what is and what isn't acceptable behavior around the rabbit.
Here's some pics of our half-lab when he was a puppy...

puppy w gandalf.jpg

100_2987.jpg

Latest posts

Back