Hello (New Here)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcbowser

Reaction score
I have had bunnies for the past 5 years now. I totally enjoy their companionship and their antics. I have found if you take time to learn their language and their personalities they will become best friends once you gain their trust.

Love these little free sprites and wish I had them as pets long before now.
I truly never realized how enjoyable they are.

I will be looking over your post and a course all the cute little bunny photos that all of you have taken time to share. (I can never look at enough bunnies) :)

Thanks again for letting me join your board.

Sincerely,
Ron

Hello Ron, and welcome. I am a very new newbie also, and one of the few male members, so it is a pleasure to meet another male that loves these marvelous loving critters as much as I do. I have had dogs, cats, a snake and 8 Guinea Pigs {Cavies, I prefer to call them}, but never bonded as closely with them as I have my bunny.
She is feminine and very affectionate. We spend at least 4 hours a day on the floor together. {retired} ☻☺

I have had bunnies for the past 5 years now. I totally enjoy their companionship and their antics. I have found if you take time to learn their language and their personalities they will become best friends once you gain their trust.

I will be looking over your post and a course all the cute little bunny photos that all of you have taken time to share. (I can never look at enough bunnies) :)

Thanks again for letting me join your board.

Sincerely,
Ron

Hello Ron, and welcome. I am a very new newbie also, and one of the few male members, so it is a pleasure to meet another male that loves these marvelous loving critters as much as I do. I have had dogs, cats, a snake and 8 Guinea Pigs {Cavies, I prefer to call them}, but never bonded as closely with them as I have my bunny.
She is feminine and very affectionate. We spend at least 4 hours a day on the floor together. {retired} ☻☺

Chamarith,

Good meeting you here.

I have not meet many other bunnies owners that are male. I was beginning to think I was odd man out! LOL

Yes spending time on the floor is one thing my Schnuffles looks forward to.
He likes to climb on my back as I lie on the floor and jump over me.

I spent a lot of time on the floor when he was a baby bonding with him and him wanting his nose and head rubbed.

And all along I thought he was being submissive when he would put his head down like cats do, then I found out he was training me to submit to his needs! :)

Oh I found this: http://rabbithaven.org/men-bunnies/

Last edited:
It was a pleasure reading your msg. My bunny also likes to walk on me and lay on my back. I have a twin mattress on the floor in my bedroom next to my cal king bed, a full futon mattress on my living room floor, and a twin mattress in her room. I am a slender 74 year old with body pain 24/7. The mattresses make it possible to enjoy our play and snuggle time.
Thanks for the link. I have not read it yet, but look forward to doing so. ☻☺

Chamarith,

Good meeting you here.

I have not meet many other bunnies owners that are male. I was beginning to think I was odd man out! LOL

Yes spending time on the floor is one thing my Schnuffles looks forward to.
He likes to climb on my back as I lie on the floor and jump over me.

I spent a lot of time on the floor when he was a baby bonding with him and him wanting his nose and head rubbed.

And all along I thought he was being submissive when he would put his head down like cats do, then I found out he was training me to submit to his needs! :)

Oh I found this: http://rabbithaven.org/men-bunnies/

I have found if you take time to learn their language and their personalities they will become best friends once you gain their trust.

Ron

This is too true!
I can't tell you how many people are surprised when I tell them that bunnies aren't just "big rats" (as my stepmom would call them), that they each have unique and endearing personalities, that they are intelligent and curious, that they even have a sense of humor.

Welcome!

My Briar is super affectionate as well, her favourite thing to do is to tell me I am spending too much time on my computer by coming over, hopping onto the keyboard, and nudging my hand until I scritch between her ears.

Bunnies are so precious <3 I'm actually looking into getting mine registered as an ESA so I don't have any problems keeping her

Cloe-trash,

That's awesome!

I never even thought about the idea of registering a rabbit as an ESA.

Please keep us posted on your experience doing this. I'm sure many others on the board here would love to hear about doing this.

Ron

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back