spayed and neutered couple 'mating' for enjoyment?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lauraeli

Reaction score
Tulip and Mr Bun have been bonded since June. Latelythe two have been um canoodling. I know bunnies do that as a dominance thing but suddenly the two have been doing it a lot. Tulip seems to coerce the behavior and then 'assumes the position' for him. Aftrwards he lays on her back for what must be a long time in bunny years. They seem to be enjoying it, most of the time at least. Is this typical? Should I be concerned

Sounds like they’re trying to work out some of the issues between them. I had bunnies that did that too, but it was in the spring. The neutered buck had a touch of the spring fever. As long as it doesn’t turn into a fight I’d think it’s ok and it will pass.

Sorry, this thread made me chuckle big time! Good to know that it happens ... we are getting ready to search for a bond mate for our rabbit and I am trying to learn all that I can on the subject.

Dominance, or "Who's the Boss?" Just like the "pecking order" but without the pecking. The submissive will also groom the head of the "boss". With our dogs, I think it's whoever can stink up the room the most and it's a dead heat right now--wish we had the airline oxygen masks that drop from above.

Latest posts

Back