Hello From Northern Michigan

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baracuda56

"Love My Buns"
Reaction score
:USAflagwaving: Hi all new here although not new to rabbits as i have had them thruout my lifetime i figured i would join to not only share some of my experiances and daily ups and downs and crazies but to also enjoy yours as well as maybe help with anything or to give advice. I just adopted out our last Flemish Giants we had and we have a young Continental German Giant " Queen Sheba" being flown in to us in 2 1/2 weeks shes going to be one BIG bun when she reaches full size which can take up to almost 2 yrs. She will be bred to a best friends massive Flemish Giant stud to create F1 Conti x Flemish babies and they will come with a pedigree from both parents sides. Anyways i also have gottin for my birthday the cutest little bun ever her pedigree name is Magic but we call her aka "Rosie" Shes a tiny Black Otter Netherland Dwarf, she will be bred come March to a Chocolate Netherland Dwarf in hopes we have Chocolate Otter babies. But for now Rosie is having fun being a big part of the family indoors she has her main cage in my office where i spend a great deal of time and then she spends time out of her cage with us thruout the day durring family time. My name is Tracey im from Northern Michigan, yes we have nasty winters here this yr we had a short summer and its now already getting to be that time to prep for the up comming winter ahead. Pics are of my sweet Netherland Dwarf Rosie. Just gota love that flat face.:happybunny: Then a pic of her sleeping on my lap while im on the comp. and a pic of her cage here in the office, she loves playing with her toys. Shes pretty good about using her litter box but is still in trainning for that. Rosie weighs in at 1lb 12oz. Nice to meet you all...:wiggle

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/Cudabare/Rabbits/DSCF4465_zpsgw8bifz0.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/Cudabare/Rabbits/DSCF4457_zpsgrn0wcxc.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/Cudabare/Rabbits/rosies%20pent%20house_zpscekpkghx.jpg

hhhmmmm for some reason i cant get my pics to show and my sig pic to show anyone can you help me with that please??

I can see your avatar picture but I think Photobucket has changed their 3rd party hosting to a pay service. You can upload the pictures directly instead of hosting through Photobucket though.

Thats to bad about photobucket they use to be so good about letting everyone load pics and such i havent used them in awhile maybe thats why i didnt know about it. Well hopefuly i got it right this time..

netherland dwarf Rosie.jpg

DSCF4465.JPG

DSCF4457.jpg

DSCF4444.jpg

DSCF4452.JPG

I love his dark fur. Are you in the Upper mitten of N. Michigan or in the UP? Both get very cold, very early.

Thank you Munha and Angie.

Angie im in the upper mitten on the left hand side close to Lake Michigan, if we drive by car it takes us about 45 mins to get to the lake. Temps are supose to drop quickly again this week as we had a odd warm spell for few days. We get real bad lake effect snow here in the winter as we are in the snowbelt region. Last 2 yrs was not to bad, it was bitterly cold but not overwhelming snow but this yr is going to be a bad one. We have had it get to 40 below zero here befour yes very cold here at times in the winter. If it gets to below zero temps any rabbits outside will be brung indoors into the garage where it will be warmer for them. We only plan on having the one Continental German Giant rabbit outside this winter and they handle the cold way better than they do the heat. We heat our home with a wood stove and propane is used for the regular cook stove and hotwater tank. We have federal forest boardering 3 sides of our land and only one neighbor across the road from us its very nice here the only thing i cant stand is the stinkin bears there always getting into something and the come right up to your door and get on the back deck. The bald eagles are beautiful when they are outfront in the trees and we have so much wildlife here the deer come close to the windows and the owls be hooting at night we love the fresh air.

Baracuda , I love the description of where you live. I lived in Munising MI for about 18 months in the 1970's. (Grand Isle area).

I remember that lake effect snow and cold temps. I remember walking across town the last March 7th I was there, and it was about 7 below at the time. Had to stop at a friends house for hot tea to warm up.

Nice plan on having the garage be a winter place for the rabbits that need it.

Best wishes on all your bunnies

Hi Tracy! I'm so jealous of your German Giant that's on its way. Pictures please!! Tons!! We wanted a German Giant but had to settle for a Flemish Giant and turns out at 17 pounds, she's not all that Giant. We love her anyway! But I would really be interested in seeing a full grown German Giant binky! Am crossing my fingers for you and your new baby.

Yup Angie the garage is warmer for them then leaving them out in below zero temps and its easier to give them water to as the garage is conected to the house so i can walk right out the door and be in the garage. Its been rather mild the last few winter except for few below zero days less snow but this yr seems diffrent i think we are in for a bad one as we didnt have much of a summer. But you know how Michigan is stay here for a day and the weather can change ten times LOL!!

Whiterabbitrage, I had just adopted out my last 2 Flemish Giants both were 5 months old, 1 doe fawn color she was 18lbs and 1 buck light grey 12lbs. The doe was HUGE for her age and growing fast sure to reach into the 20'slb range when full grown both had pedigree's. I will be sure to post lots pics of the Conti Giant when we get her time is flying by she will soon be flown home im going to snap some pics of her when she comes thru the airport for pick up. She has a 6 gen pedigree and her name is "Queen Sheba" shes a Fawn/Yellow. The only thing about Conti's is there expensive where as the Flemish Giants are not.

Here are some pics of our previous Flemish Giants

Ligh Grey "Mojo"
Fawn "Gipsy Rose"

DSCF4429.JPG

DSCF4426.JPG

DSCF4428.JPG

Mojo Lounging A.jpg

DSCF4379.JPG

Latest posts

Back