Shaving a Bum?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acdcfan23

Reaction score
And advice for a bunny with a shaggy butt who just loves to sit in his litter box. We have given him a few baths but would it be worth it to trim/shave the fur a bit or just keep bathing him?

Thanks!

You could top the litter with hay or a grate. Either one will keep bunny from getting soiled even if he lays in the litter box. The hay can be refreshed twice per day if you choose that option. That is what I do - the hay rather than the grate.

I assume you are doing just butt baths - not the whole rabbit. (Whole baths are warned against.) If doing the above options don't work, then my guess would be that something is off on his diet that is causing mushy poos. Normal poos shouldn't stick to fur, especially if one of the above steps is taken.

:yeahthat: I know people who put those little mats you put in the sink on the litter box to avoid there rabbits laying on the poops and soiled litter. I would try that before shaving...

Latest posts

Back