Never ending molt

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It's been over a month now. This is the heaviest, by far, molt that Harvey has ever had. And it's still not stopping. It's slowed down some, but for the last 1-2 weeks has remained steady. Is this normal for molts to occasionally get this crazy? I've been feeding a bit of Calf Manna, but only about a teaspoon, as we have so little. Can I buy small quanties? How much should a 17 pound rabbit have?

IMG_2053.jpg

sounds about right our rabbit molted from mid June through the end of July. tons of fur. Princess Leia only weighs 7 lbs lol

Yeah, particularly indoor rabbits exposed to TONS of light. They can literally just molt all summer. In terms of the Calf Manna- I'm not sure of the dose, but it can't hurt. A good diet shouldn't require calf manna- and I might be worried about it causing weight gain in indoor/ not show rabbits. But again, I"ve never used it. So I can't actually say.

Both rabbits and the dog had a very impressive molt this summer, it's the worst they've ever had - it's kinda slowing down but I was sweeping fur and finding fluff balls all over the house everyday for about two months. I'm surprised there are no holes in my animals fur, since they lost soooo much of it. Then again, it's been unusually hot. I don't think it's a problem, except that it doesn't help with stasis (moreover both rabbits and the dog hate to be brushed) ^^'.

Latest posts

Back