I need names!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LazerFace

Reaction score
Does anyone have any name suggestions for this handsome fella? :D he is not officially mine yet but soon he will be! i just thought it would be nice for him to have a name when he comes home!

p267.png

Nice ears! ^^ Finding a name is always hard - I struggled a lot for Tybalt. ^^ I recently looked for names because I was working on a comic and a novel which both had a rabbit character in them. In the end, I called them Pollop (you probably know this but you can't say 'rabbit' on a boat, it supposedly bring bad luck - 'Pollop' is the word sailors use not to say it and I thought it was funny to call a rabbit that) and Caerbannog, like the Monty Python's rabbit (called 'Nog' by most characters in the story).
The best way to find a name is to find a category first, I think. Something like 'movie characters', 'flowers' or 'painters' or I don't know what... I usually end up using litterary references for all my animals, but that's probably an occupational hazard... still, it presents me with a golden opportunity to play 'guess where this name comes from?' with people, which is always educational (people who know where 'A'Tuin' and 'Jeeves' names come from are automatically my friends for life XD)

He's really cute! If you can't figure out a name yet you can always wait till you get him and see what his personality is like to give him a name! :) It really depends on the bun but I've always liked the name Basil, Pirate, or Philip for a buck. (I'm a sucker for fancy french names for rabbits lol)

I personally always go for themes (birds are dragon names, rabbits are alcohol names, dogs are classic mythology-type monster names, etc.). Right now, my rabbits are Whiskey and Brandy! Although we go based on themes, we also get to know the animal a bit first just to get an idea of personality.

Latest posts

Back