Weeing outside tray after neuter

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chompsky

Reaction score
21 month old male, neutered when he was about a year old as he wasn’t acting as if he needed it until then. (He never sprayed though.) Lives in the house, has lots of company though no other rabbits.

Almost immediately after the operation he started weeing outside his tray some of the time – he never used to do that before. Spots here and there, not every day, on and off. We might have most of a week without it, then he’d start again. Seemed to be tapering off this past spring, but he’s started again with a vengeance a few weeks ago: as many as a dozen wet patches on the carpeting throughout the house. Happens when he’s active and excited or after lying contented for a spell.

The vast majority of weeing is still in the tray.

He doesn’t do it at night when we’re asleep or when we’ve left the house and he’s alone.

He’s healthy as judged by a vet, and happy judging by by his general behavior.

Any ideas?

ySL1TXi.jpg

"I'm an enigma."

I put out multiple trays, most inside of a cardboard box with high walls and a small entrance cut in one side--gives them a place to hang out and kept a couple of ours totally inside the pan--had two that would sit in the pan with their butt hanging over!

We've tried the multiple tray approach. He was very adept at missing all of them (except his usual one).

I should add, nothing has changed in his routine or the household setup, though it's been going on for so long now I don't remember if there were any changes just after the op when this started.

He did go completely free-range 24/7 about four months ago, but this behavior predates that.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back