Bunny Foods

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RabbitAsh

Reaction score
Alright, I'm buying as a larger cage with tons of toys and stuff to go along with it. And, I'm also wondering if I should change his diet a bit from the normal pellets and hay I've been giving him.
He's had a few veggies mainly a bit of baby spinach and parsley. Are there any types of veggies to feed him daily?

By changing his diet, do you mean adding more greens? The hay should still remain as the bulk of his diet. He should eat about his body size in hay every day. Pellets of course should be limited.

For daily greens, think in terms of herbs. Basil, cilantro, mint, and green or red leaf lettuces are all good for every day. But this can't be offered all at once. Each new type of green needs to be slowly introduced.

Spinach, parsley, kale, mustard greens, even romaine lettuce can be high in either oxalates or calcium. Anything in the high calcium group should probably not be offered daily, but maybe a couple times per week.

This link has a quick list of safe greens, etc.
https://www.saveafluff.co.uk/rabbit-info/safe-foods-for-rabbits

By changing his diet, do you mean adding more greens? The hay should still remain as the bulk of his diet. He should eat about his body size in hay every day. Pellets of course should be limited.

For daily greens, think in terms of herbs. Basil, cilantro, mint, and green or red leaf lettuces are all good for every day. But this can't be offered all at once. Each new type of green needs to be slowly introduced.

Spinach, parsley, kale, mustard greens, even romaine lettuce can be high in either oxalates or calcium. Anything in the high calcium group should probably not be offered daily, but maybe a couple times per week.

This link has a quick list of safe greens, etc.
https://www.saveafluff.co.uk/rabbit-info/safe-foods-for-rabbits

Thank you.

Latest posts

Back