Needy bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunnyBusiness

Reaction score
I'm not sure if Clem is being needy or has just taken a bigger liken to me but after going through puberty she's become more needy and jealous with me.

When the lionhead gets near me to chin or present for some love she runs over here and grunts, or if I'm on my phone on the floor she yanks my phone away and does a very rough chinning. She seems to be more comfortable with having her face stroked and she tugs on my sleeves when she doesn't have my attention.

Who else has a needy bun or one that is very demanding?

Sounds like a typical dominant type of rabbit. My female is similar- if I'm ignoring her (aka remove my hand from her head for 2 seconds to turn a page in a book or something) she will even try to box me!

Not usually. She's not trying to hurt me per say, just get my attention. Every once and a while she will gently nip, which might hurt (we obviously don't let that go and reprimand her). She is a very sweet rabbit (I use her to teach children how to interact with rabbits- she's actually very friendly and GREAT with children and crowds)- but she's very much in love with attention. :p

If I'm not expecting it, though, it can be quite an unpleasant surprise!

Yeah, it doesn't sound like being needy or jealous but like the behavior of a very dominant doe. Does are often worse than males concerning territorial issues, contrarily to what a lot of people think. In her head, you are her submissive subject and your things are her things (thus the chining). If she is not spayed yet, her habits are not unusual and spaying will probably help. Also, I wouldn't let her tug at your clothes or taking ownership of things which are yours (your bed, your phone...). I have a very dominant doe as well, but she accepts that the boss in this warren is me. As a result, when I shared a room with my rabbits and my little sister during the holiday, my doe used to pee (red marking pee ^^') on my sister's bed and to chin all of her stuffs while she never did any of this with my things despite everything being in the same room which the rabbits had a free access to.

She will be spayed in about a month or so, I'm still deciding whether to have her taken to Dr Rawlings or a shelter, I had sent an email to Heartland Rabbit Rescue to see if they did spays and neuters or if they know of shelters that would in OK but I haven't gotten a reply.

She will be spayed in about a month or so, I'm still deciding whether to have her taken to Dr Rawlings or a shelter, I had sent an email to Heartland Rabbit Rescue to see if they did spays and neuters or if they know of shelters that would in OK but I haven't gotten a reply.

I wouldn't give a second thought to her behavior then, or bother trying to analyze her behavior. She may be quite different once those hormones dissipate. :)

Latest posts

Back