Trick & Treat, new buns on the block!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MinDearie

Reaction score
Hello All,

Introducing Trick and Treat! Trick is the black bun, and Treat is the orange bun. My hubby is obsessed with Halloween, and just HAD to name them for me. :rofl: These little guys are about 10 weeks old now (I got them at 8 weeks old), and have very different personalities. Trick is more laid back, snuggly, and sweet. Treat is always on the go, curious, and constantly plotting his escape. Despite their differences, they cuddle and lovingly groom each other often.

img_0874-9261.jpg

Unfortunately, Trick has been sick with an upper respiratory infection. He started having sneezing fits soon after bringing the pair home for the first time, so I brought them to the vet the very next day as I was pretty concerned. Trick has been on antibiotics since with little improvement, but we just started him on something stronger. Fingers crossed that this helps!!! I also changed their carefresh paper bedding to fleece in case of a dust allergy, but there’s been no change since doing this. Treat is as healthy as can be (but is constantly monitored incase he starts up), and cuddles with his tuckered-out brother as if to say “Momma will have you feeling better soon!” Anywho, I’ll post more on our battle in a more appropriate area of the forum later…

I’m not 100% sure on their breeds, as the attendants at the shop didn’t seem sure themselves. I was told Trick is a Rex, and Treat is a Satin. I would say Trick isn’t a Rex, as his hair is much too long. Initially I assumed they were from the same litter, as they were both the exact same size and their fur felt the same, just different colors. So I was thinking they were both Satins, but now Trick’s fur seems more wool-like. Perhaps that’s just a side effect of his antibiotic treatment though. Treat’s fur is soooo silky smooth, he’s a slippery little guy. Bunny burritos don’t work on him! :rofl:

Anyway, I just want to say it’s nice to meet you all!

img_0869-9262.jpg

img_0868-9263.jpg

So adorable! It's funny about their names too. Did anyone catch that?
Trick is the one that likes to cuddle. He should be called Treat.
Treat is the one that likes to get into trouble. He should have been called Trick.
That's really funny!

Latest posts

Back