New Rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newbie1977

Reaction score
Hi everyone

We have just got a new female rabbit called Beatrix. She is two months old. We brought her home on 17/05/17 and everything was fine, although she was, and still is very nervous.

Her poo was originally solid but has now gone very mushy and is sticking to her fur! She is eating and drinking fine, and is playing with chew toys, but we are getting concerned now. I've attached two picture which shows what her poo looks like. Please could someone help us?

Thanks

Chris

IMG_2543.jpg

IMG_2542.jpg

Did you change anything in her diet?

What are you feeding?

Anyway, the first thing to do with runny stool is cut back or cut out completly greens and pellets and give her all the hay she wants.

When her tummy has settled, reintroduce the other stuff slowly.

I've had a few rabbits do this when you switch to a different brand of food too quickly. I agree with Preitler on the hay thing. I'd stick with that for a few days and see if the poo firms up and then introduce the pellet food back slowly. Also, reduce the amount you handle your new bunny as stress can cause an upset system. It happens all the time with small animals in new environments.

Hi everyone

Thank you for your replies. Unfortunately, she took a turn for the worst on Saturday, so we got her straight to the vets! It would appear she has an infection so is currently on a drip, and being given anti biotics and infection medication. The good news is she has responded well and is good to come home today

How old? My little neice came into my rabbitry and saw the veggies and put them in one of my does cages she ate all
her poop looked the exact same as that for a week.

Diarrhea like that is often an emergency in our little guys- particularly the very young ones. I'm glad yours is doing better!

Latest posts

Back