Oops litter- bunny only had 1 dead kit?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

southernw

Reaction score
Hi all,

First post here, so I apologize if these posts aren't allowed here..

So we have two unbonded buns who are separated, but were able to get together once on accident for probably a minute or so (guess that's all it took!) Fast forward to today, we noticed our baby was showing nesting behavior this morning.. pulling fur and gathering hay into the corner of her room. I just got home a bit ago and found one dead baby kit next to her :( I'm not too sure how long she'd been in labor. It's probably been a few hours now at least.

Is it common for bunnies to only have baby? How long does it usually take for a bunny to have all her babies? How do I know if she has more babies in her that haven't come out? I'd imagine that'd be dangerous.. Sorry, this is a first time for us so we're kinda freaking out.

Thanks

Update..

Well I guess that was the only baby. Pretty unfortunate it didn't make it :( I was able to feel her tummy and didn't feel anything else in there. She's back to eating and drinking so I was happy to see that. Although my poor baby does seem pretty bummed/worn out..

Latest posts

Back