Is This Weird?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leighann7

Reaction score
I'm not totally new to bunnies, but I haven't had one in over 10 years. Not until last fall, anyway. Now I have a nutter named Tawny who I absolutely adore. She's sweet and loving and smart. But she does something I've never seen a rabbit do. Not willingly. Every afternoon she finds somewhere soft, typically the softest blanket in the living room, and lies down. Then she rolls over onto her back, feet in the air, and takes a nap. Sleeps for 2 hours, usually. Then she gets up and it's time for snacks. I've never had a rabbit do this before. Has anyone else?

I had a baby rabbit that liked to sleep on it's back. I think RO member Nancy McClelland(Larry) has or had a rabbit that would sleep like that too. But yeah, it's pretty unusual behavior and doesn't happen very often.

After 4 hours, I finally figured out how to post a picture. How tech savvy an I? LOL.

But that's her. She does this every day. On this particular day she was on a pillow, but usually she's on a fuzzy blanket that she spends 10 minutes fluffing before she'll lie down. Then she flips. The first few times she did it I would wake her up and get the "What could you possibly want right now?" glare. Now I kind of just let her be.

Tawny falling asleep.jpg

That is an awesome bun!

If she's sleeping in a vulnerable position like that, I would take it to mean that she's very comfortable with you and her surroundings.

Leighann! Thank you so much!!! I'm sorry it was a pain to figure out how to post, but it's so worth it!! Thank you! Thank you!! Please post more!!! You are so lucky!! That is the cutest thing! So jealous!!! Where did you get your bunny? She is wonderful!

I'll see if I can pull some other pictures off my rather stubborn digital camera. No, I don't love technology, lol. And thanks to the posters who assured me that, while it may not be common, it's perfectly normal for her to be a weirdo. As to where I got her, she came from the man three doors down from me. He raises meat rabbits, so she was destined for the pot. But I just loved her, so he let me have her. Lucky me, because she really is a doll.

Latest posts

Back