Making Fruity Pinecones!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

banana

Reaction score
Hi! So I got this idea from the SmallPetSelect website, where theyre selling pinecones dipped in fruit puree, then rolled into herbs or dried fruit which I thought would be a wonderful idea and wanted to try to make some myself! Question is though, does anyone know how to keep the fruit puree from going bad after I make them? Also should I bake them when theyre done or maybe freeze them?? I was thinking of just blending some pure fresh fruit to make the puree and making it a bit watery so that the flavor is still there but the sugar will be more...diluted I guess? I have tons of herbs and dried fruit for my bunny already so that wont be a problem either, I just need to know how to keep these from going bad LOL, if anyone has any ideas!!

I don't know if this will work for your pinecones, but I've made homemade fruit roll ups by pureeing fresh fruits, then putting them in our dehydrator (it came with these circular plastic things that fit in the tray). They turned out really well for people consumption! I made a berry blend and a strawberry kiwi.

It seems like a really neat idea, let us know how it goes!!

Using the dehydrator idea for the fruit puree, the puree on the pinecones would not fit in a dehydrator, but you could do the same if your oven goes down to about 130 or so. I know meat/high on dehydrator is 190* F.

Roll the pinecones in the puree or pour it over them on a cookie sheet, maybe with a broiling pan so the extra would drain off, then put in over for several hours on very very low.

Thanks guys!! I didn't even think of doing that..! I'll definitely try to update this post when I get around to doing it, so you guys can see how it went! If it goes well enough, i'll try to make some instructions for others! :DD

That will be great banana. Hope it works out for you so your bunny will have good treats.

Latest posts

Back