Safe material for Bunnies?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kinai

Reaction score
Hi all

I knit and crochet and I wanted to give AJ a bed/comfy place to lay but am unsure if this would be ok. I have cotton and acrylic (redheart super saver) yarn. Would these be ok to use or no?

This would be for IN his cage at all times.

Thank you for advice

I would not advise anything crocheted or knit. The openings inherent in anything that is knit or crocheted provides a likelihood of a paw (or even a tooth) getting caught in there. Things knit or crocheted are also 'bumpy' and so are likely to get chewed.

Finding something soft that bunny won't chew is going to be a matter of trial & error (and lots of observing). Sometimes a rabbit will seem fine with a certain pet bed and then, months later, decide it is good enough to chew and ingest.

Some possible options would be a cat bed, fleece blanket (or pillow/bed made with fleece cover), towel, bath mat, kitchen mat, carpet, foam memory mat.

Blue eyes
Thanks for the info. I kinda figured in that direction but there was a bit of hope :) but that's ok. There are other ways to spoil AJ.

Whiterabbit
Your "evil" and I mean that in a good way... Or I think so, my fur kids may not agree with me lol. I think A J's head is to small for hats. But I WILL try! My dog already hates my creative thinking. :-D

Latest posts

Back